NCL pulling visits to St Petersburg

dmsw00

25 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Let us all hope that the situation in that region of the world does not deteriorate further to the point of cancellation of all Baltic cruises, not just the port of St. Petersburg. Or maybe instead of hope, we should pray.

Cruises aside lets  hope and pray it doesn't get worse and that madman is stopped. It's a humanitarian crisis in Eastern Europe getting worse day by day

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AppleDumpling said:

Looking at NCL's website, I am worried that my cruise will be cancelled.  

Me too, i asked them tru the chat if our cruise will get cancelled. They say no and told me that maybe they're sold out. Offcourse.

19 minutes ago, Con5421 said:

Me too, i asked them tru the chat if our cruise will get cancelled. They say no and told me that maybe they're sold out. Offcourse.

I'd start looking at the Dawn sailings if a Baltic cruise is what you want. Look into changing your flights to different dates in case your current cruise gets cancelled.

None of the Baltic cruises are sold out, many people who had booked them are now cancelling because they no longer go to SPB and they are uneasy about travel to Europe at this time.

28 minutes ago, Con5421 said:

I can well imagine that the chat operators don't know any more than we do at this point. 

Disappointing that they've removed the cruise from the website but haven't briefed customer service on what to say.

Edited by AppleDumpling

4 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I'd start looking at the Dawn sailings if a Baltic cruise is what you want. Look into changing your flights to different dates in case your current cruise gets cancelled.

None of the Baltic cruises are sold out, many people who had booked them are now cancelling because they no longer go to SPB and they are uneasy about travel to Europe at this time.

i have booked m flight already and can't change it. Our hotel we can cancel that for free. But i already change a month ago our cruise, because off covid from America to Europe. And when we go to do the Dawn we go to city that we can do by car. And we end in our Country.

3 minutes ago, AppleDumpling said:

I can well imagine that the chat operators don't know any more than we do at this point. 

Disappointing that they've removed the cruise from the website but haven't briefed customer service on what to say.

I think they will cancel the cruise and hope we will do the Dawn. Maybe Getaway goes to a other part off Europe.

1 minute ago, Con5421 said:

I think they will cancel the cruise and hope we will do the Dawn. Maybe Getaway goes to a other part off Europe.

Looking at the Dawn itinerary, I'd be happy to, but it's both more expensive and, based on the website, not sailing the dates I've booked flights for.  

Bit of a mess.

9 minutes ago, Con5421 said:

i have booked m flight already and can't change it. Our hotel we can cancel that for free. But i already change a month ago our cruise, because off covid from America to Europe. And when we go to do the Dawn we go to city that we can do by car. And we end in our Country.

With things so unsettled in Europe now, most airlines are allowing people to change their flight for no fee. Did you call your airline to see if you can change or even cancel flights and then rebook? The Aug. 16 Dawn sailing starts in Stockholm and ends in Amsterdam so you only need a one way ticket to ARN. if you do change to this cruise please join our roll call.

12 minutes ago, susiesan said:

With things so unsettled in Europe now, most airlines are allowing people to change their flight for no fee. Did you call your airline to see if you can change or even cancel flights and then rebook? The Aug. 16 Dawn sailing starts in Stockholm and ends in Amsterdam so you only need a one way ticket to ARN. if you do change to this cruise please join our roll call.

I'm looking online if i can change my flight if i need to do this. And wait what NCL gives us as a option.

Transavia is not fling to Stockholm

Edited by Con5421

43 minutes ago, AppleDumpling said:

It truly is a shame that the representatives who deal directly with customers are not given the information they need to properly answer questions. And this is not something that is only found with NCL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AppleDumpling said:

Any idea of what NCL will do? Will they offer to transfer bookings to similar cruises or just refund and say to start a new booking? 

Chances are slim to none that they will do a lift and drop - they only do that when they have a need to consolidate cruises so they can redeploy.  Refund and rebook is pretty much the norm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AppleDumpling said:

Any idea of what NCL will do? Will they offer to transfer bookings to similar cruises or just refund and say to start a new booking? 

Just wait couple of days.

Mostl likely they are working on improved itenireries and will replace the sea days with port days

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Con5421 said:

All cruises to the Baltic are cancelled the ones of begin june, july, august, september and october

Source?  And are just the Getaway cruises cancelled or ALL Baltics cruises cancelled?

Edited by Cruiseandgamble

2 minutes ago, Cruiseandgamble said:

Source?  And are just the Getaway cruises cancelled or ALL Baltics cruises cancelled?

So far i now only the Getaway 8 june is the last cruise. My travelagent got a email and it's on fb

Just had an online chat with an NCL agent, who confirmed that Getaway sailings as below

are cancelled:-

"from June 14, 2022 through and including October 9, 2022"

"from October 18, 2022 through and including November 27, 2022"

Apparently formal notification will be sent out to travel agents etc in due course