Anyone else still waiting for cash refund (or issued a Future Cruise Credit in error) from January 2022 "positive" Covid test

PAGA

Anyone else experience the reimbursement error detailed below after a positive Covid test submission? (Future Cruise Credit instead of cash refund)

Anyone else still waiting for reimbursement 6 weeks after submitting a positive Covid test submission?

I've been in the hold queue with Celebrity for 57 minutes now, so I figured I'd reach out while I wait to see if others have similar experiences...

We were booked B2B Jan 15 & 22. I tested positive during the mandatory 2-day prior to boarding testing process on Jan 14. I immediately submitted the result to Celebrity Engagement Center email address as instructed by the Celebrity phone rep whom I reached by calling the "if you test positive" phone number included in the proctored tests issued by The Optum Store.

About 3 weeks later,  my newly appointed Celebrity Vacation Planner reached out to me by email to say that she hasn't seen any progress on my refunds, and requested that I re-submit my positive test result to her to see if she could move things along.

Today, Feb 25 (one day short of 5 weeks since the first leg of our scheduled B2B concluded) we received our first communication: A "future cruise credit" for only my husband's portion of the SECOND leg of our B2B.

This is not consistent with Celebrity's policy at the time of our sailings - we were to receive a full cash refund for everyone in the "traveling party" (my husband and me in 1 cabin). Has anyone else had to deal with receiving the wrong form of compensation after submitting a positive covid test?

We have not received any communication for our Jan 15 leg of the B2B...and no cash refunds so far of any sort. Nor any acknowledgement of compensation for my portion of the sailing for which my husband was issued a Future Cruise Credit. Anyone else still waiting for reimbursement 6 weeks after submitting a positive test result?

FYI - we already paid out of pocket and completed our "make-up" B2B on Feb 5 & 12...as we were relying on the "full cash refund after a positive test" policy coming through without any issues...sigh

Haven't experience that exact scenario but can say if the refund process appears to be completely broken to you, then you are not alone. Delays, odd amounts, shortages, random credits that don't match anything are all part of the refund saga that have been reported.

I had a January 15th cruise cancelled, and only in the last few days did I receive FCC and it was not in the correct amount (yes, I know it is cruise fare only * 1.25, but it isn't close). As far as outright refunds, I've received one credit of a small amount to a credit card and that small amount doesn't match anything.

1 hr 53 mins in with Celebrity - the Future Cruise Credit has been voided and refunds are being processed to our credit card for both sailings. Now rep's just trying to find out why the last $50 for each sailing were not refunded to our card with the other taxes/port fees on 1/31 (I thought those refunds were related to some of our other canceled/modified sailings/dining/excursions with RCCL/Celebrity. Hard to follow along when all refunds just say Royal Caribbean, no email communication/receipts, and multiple cruises being juggled across the company.) He's agreed to manually process the remaining $50 per cruise, but best he has come up with after additional research was "a system error"...so if you're still not refunded in full, it's worth a follow-up. He gave me refund confirmation numbers for everything, so hopefully all squared away now.

I appreciate the suggestion in a previous post to use a travel agent...but after more than 40 self-booked cruises I probably won't be starting now - lol! But really appreciate this Community for insights and info!

• Like 1