Oasis - 2 Different Check in Dates

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows why there are 2 different check in dates for cruises on the Oasis.  I wouldn't care, but considering you can't book shows until you are on board, things like the comedy shows might be sold out for those of us who are scheduled for the 2nd day. Any idea why we don't have all the same day? TIA!

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You probably don't - what you see as the promised check in date online, may not be the real date. Check in date won't affect your ability to book shows.

I was reading posts from people we are sailing with and we were discussing why we have different dates.  Some of us have April 13th & some the 14th for our May 29th cruise.  As of now, I think it will effect reserving spots for shows considering you can't book until you get on the ship.  All those who have the earlier date will reserve all the early times and will have the ability to book shows first.  I've seen people complaining about shows being sold out when they went to reserve shows. I'm hoping it's just a glitch. I'll have to call.  I was just hoping someone already beat me to it and had the answer. Thanks!

1 minute ago, gcbranscome said:

As of now, I think it will effect reserving spots for shows considering you can't book until you get on the ship.  All those who have the earlier date will reserve all the early times and will have the ability to book shows first.  I've seen people complaining about shows being sold out when they went to reserve shows.

I think there's a misunderstanding - you can't book the shows until you are on board -your check in DATE doesn't affect that in any way. If you are talking about check in TIME at the terminal, yes, that may affect when you get on board and may slightly delay your ability to book shows, but very unlikely you can't get in the shows you want.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think there's a misunderstanding - you can't book the shows until you are on board -your check in DATE doesn't affect that in any way. If you are talking about check in TIME at the terminal, yes, that may affect when you get on board and may slightly delay your ability to book shows, but very unlikely you can't get in the shows you want.

Yes, those of us that cannot check in until April 14th will get the late check in times, therefore effecting when we can book shows. Hopefully, they won't be sailing at full capacity and this won't be a problem. I'm just going to call. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Yes, those of us that cannot check in until April 14th will get the late check in times, 

As I mentioned in my first post, it is unlikely you have two different check in days, regardless of what the app says. Whenever the check in becomes available, it will likely be for everyone. 

Thanks- we have always been one of those cruisers that gets to the port early and on the ship as soon as we can kind of people. It's been 3 long years due to pandemic , job changes ; health issues and deaths of both our mothers since my husband and I have been able to go on a cruise,  32 year Anniversary cruise for us in May on Harmony-one of my favorite ships!