? Hairdryers on Quest

OC Cruisers

Hi: 

I realize this sounds like a trivial question with everything happening in the world today—but we’re boarding Quest next Sunday, and it’s been a bit since we’ve traveled on her—pre-Sycamore Partners. Anyone know if there are still nice hair dryers in cabins? Asking so I won’t lug mine unnecessarily.

Thanks so much ☺️

1 hour ago, OC Cruisers said:

Hi: 

I realize this sounds like a trivial question with everything happening in the world today—but we’re boarding Quest next Sunday, and it’s been a bit since we’ve traveled on her—pre-Sycamore Partners. Anyone know if there are still nice hair dryers in cabins? Asking so I won’t lug mine unnecessarily.

Thanks so much ☺️

Yes there are hairdryers.  They are not very strong, if you need styling,  and you have to hold the button to make them work. There are loads of posts about how most people do not like them. They dry my hair fine, but my hand cramps holding the button.  If you have thick or curly hair you may want to bring your own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Yes there are hairdryers.  They are not very strong, if you need styling,  and you have to hold the button to make them work. There are loads of posts about how most people do not like them. They dry my hair fine, but my hand cramps holding the button.  If you have thick or curly hair you may want to bring your own.

Yes!! Holding down the button! Hard pass😁Forgot about that! I wasn’t sure if Sycamore Partners made changes or not. Thanks so much. 

This isn't the only cruise line (or hotel) I've seen with such hair dryers.  I'm thinking they are worried about fire hazards from hair dryers left on.  [I know, who would do that?  But it's amazing what some people will do...]  So there's an opportunity here for somebody to make a simple device like a guitar capo for hair dryers.  'Save Our Thumbs' !!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OC Cruisers said:

Hi: 

Thanks so much ☺️

I have not had a problem with the hairdryer either, although as mentioned (like many hotel hairdryers) one has to hold the button down during use.

You may want to check the prohibited items list in Azamara's Packing Tips :

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/booked-guests/before-you-board/packing-tips

Although not specifically mentioned, you may want to check directly with Azamara to ensure your hairdryer will not be confiscated at boarding and returned at the end of your cruise.

You can bring your own hairdryer however on the ship’s electrics some don’t work very well. My GHD salon dryer is one that needed more power. 
To be honest for the limited annoyance the button is a fiddler but manageable the ships one is fine, just allow a little more time than at home! 
A device has been invented for those who needed and has been mentioned a few times in the past on this board - a heavy duty elastic band. Best ones are the ones UK guests often find on their doorstep courtesy of Royal Mail. 😀

• Like 1