Vista Cruises after November, 2023 Discussion

ChadnKate

We love Oceania and have booked 2 cruises on the Vista. Ancient Adriatic (May 20, 2023 - Venice to Athens) and Old and New World Medley (August 30, 2023 - Southampton to New York). We would like to know where does Vista go after November, 2023 when she returns to Miami from Los Angeles. 

Does anyone care to speculate on her next itineraries. Just cruise around the Caribbean? Down to South America? Does anyone have some guess or knowledge as to when the itineraries will be released? As her inaugural voyages where largely fully subscribed within a week of them being released, we would like to be ready.

Another thought - the ship appears to be beautiful. If Regent and Oceania could have an offspring, I think it would look like Vista. Maybe it is!

24 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

We love Oceania and have booked 2 cruises on the Vista. Ancient Adriatic (May 20, 2023 - Venice to Athens) and Old and New World Medley (August 30, 2023 - Southampton to New York). We would like to know where does Vista go after November, 2023 when she returns to Miami from Los Angeles. 

Does anyone care to speculate on her next itineraries. Just cruise around the Caribbean? Down to South America? Does anyone have some guess or knowledge as to when the itineraries will be released? As her inaugural voyages where largely fully subscribed within a week of them being released, we would like to be ready.

Another thought - the ship appears to be beautiful. If Regent and Oceania could have an offspring, I think it would look like Vista. Maybe it is!

My Plan A? Vista replaces Marina in the primarily Atlantic arena and Marina returns to more regular service in the Pacific (along with Regatta) 

Flatbush,

OK, how about this one, Marina takes over Insignia’s role for the ATW in 2025?  With ATW bookings selling out at record pace, Marina could easily pick up more passengers and offer some GV’s and ATW segments. We were able to do a 2018 segment of the ATW from Beijing to Sydney and it was fantastic. I would love to do some ATW segments in the future but Insignia sell outs make that impossible.  
I am sure you will get plenty of comments on this topic 🤪👍🚢

Mauibabes

• Like 2

Wow, such quick responses and great ideas. 20025 ATW is a great idea, or the Marina or Rivierra. I love the R Class ships, but for 180/196 days the extra venues on the larger ships would be splendid. We have 4 cruises totaling 97 days booked now. Not sure that we could be away from young grandchildren so long. 

I was also thinking that a November cruise back through the canal and down the west coast of SA, then around and back up the east might be interesting (we're booked Dec 18 from Miami to Buenos Aires on the Marina. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Flatbush,

OK, how about this one, Marina takes over Insignia’s role for the ATW in 2025?  With ATW bookings selling out at record pace, Marina could easily pick up more passengers and offer some GV’s and ATW segments. We were able to do a 2018 segment of the ATW from Beijing to Sydney and it was fantastic. I would love to do some ATW segments in the future but Insignia sell outs make that impossible.  
I am sure you will get plenty of comments on this topic 🤪👍🚢

Mauibabes

While Insignia quickly sells out its allotted ATW cabins, there are plenty left for the segments. We regularly book one or two every year or two. I think Insignia will do the ATW for years to come. As for the O ships, the recently announced 4 long Grand Voyages for late 2023 and 2024 includes one on Riviera.

However it’s “sliced and diced,” the Pacific needs to have a “dedicated” O and R ship. And Vista joining the fleet will allow that to happen. It can be Riviera or Marina. (I only mentioned Marina because it used to do the Pacific on a fairly regular basis.

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

While Insignia quickly sells out its allotted ATW cabins, there are plenty left for the segments. We regularly book one or two every year or two. I think Insignia will do the ATW for years to come. As for the O ships, the recently announced 4 long Grand Voyages for late 2023 and 2024 includes one on Riviera.

However it’s “sliced and diced,” the Pacific needs to have a “dedicated” O and R ship. And Vista joining the fleet will allow that to happen. It can be Riviera or Marina. (I only mentioned Marina because it used to do the Pacific on a fairly regular basis.

Kind of sounds like self serving wishful thinking. 

1. I believe that the 2023 ATW completely sold out and no segments are planned. Expectations are the same for the upcoming 2024 ATW.

2.  The Marina stopped sailing to OZ and the South Pacific because a low capacities on many of the itineraries. 

3. It will be interesting to see what routes the Vista ends up doing. 

4. after the sale of the Grand Voyages, it will likewise be interesting to see what if any segments are left during those time frames. Everything PH and above could easily sell out before a single segment is released from those itineraries.

41 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

1. I believe that the 2023 ATW completely sold out and no segments are planned. Expectations are the same for the upcoming 2024 ATW.

2.  The Marina stopped sailing to OZ and the South Pacific because a low capacities on many of the itineraries. 

3. It will be interesting to see what routes the Vista ends up doing. 

4. after the sale of the Grand Voyages, it will likewise be interesting to see what if any segments are left during those time frames. Everything PH and above could easily sell out before a single segment is released from those itineraries.

It certainly does look like 2023 and 2024 ATW cruises are already all wait listed for the “full ride.” What is uncertain (from the O website) is whether the segments have been released for sale yet. In any case, it would be great for O if they could fill the ship quickly and cross that task off the “To Do” list.

And, perhaps, the reintroduction of Grand Voyages will satisfy those of us who used to look forward to Extended Journeys (or Custom Cruises) on Insignia during the ATW. We’ve got our eye on one Grand Voyage though 70+ days challenges our regular rhythm almost as much as an ATW. (There are other priorities for grandparents).

As for Vista: it is a “game changer” and my money is that 2024 will find it settling in to regular service with shorter “traditional” (mostly Atlantic) cruises akin to Riviera.

And while Marina was taken out of regular Pacific service years ago, current bookings fleet (and industry) wide suggest that the Pacific Rim market is on the way up. And I predict/(selfishly hope) that Marina returns to a “permanent” home port on the US West Coast with a stock of full and partial TransPacific cruises from which to choose.

In any case, with the real possibility that Insignia may become ATW only, the reintroduction of Grand Voyages scheduled and Vista’s future uncommitted, it will be very interesting to see how this chess game proceeds. 

Agree. Lots of interesting speculation, hence this topic.  

Would love to do ATW but the Grand Voyages probably fit better. Looked at the 2024 ATW and it only adds 10 countries to our tally.

Wonder if Regent of Oceania will buy Crystal's expedition ship? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

Agree. Lots of interesting speculation, hence this topic.  

Would love to do ATW but the Grand Voyages probably fit better. Looked at the 2024 ATW and it only adds 10 countries to our tally.

Wonder if Regent of Oceania will buy Crystal's expedition ship? 

Agreed! However, there’s the cost (and impact) of Vista and a second Allura class ship on order to consider.

Nonetheless, given the O demographic, an expedition ship would fill a void in addressing probable demand.

The big thing we’re waiting and watching for is after this batch of Grand Voyages are booked starting Wednesday, what is going to be left during those time frames to book whenO does its next release in a few weeks. 

We had a cruise for late 23/early 24 already decided upon, and now it doesn’t even appear that it will be offered! 

It’s be a mammoth amount of work to attempt to remove all the Russian ports before the new release is made. Guessing the catalog is already printed. So the release will be made telling everyone the Russian ports and Black Sea won’t happen. New itinerary to come.