Discounted rates for adding an additional room to an existing party?

chiguypaul

I’m pretty sure I know what the answer will be but asking anyway given the knowledge of this group. My son and I are traveling on the Allure next month. There’s a chance my wife will be able to join us (currently can’t because of work). If she can go, we’ll want to add an additional room. So my wife and I would have one room and my son would have his own room. 

Should I expect to pay whatever the current rates are? Possible that RCL would discount the second room because we’re adding an additional room?

Wanted to ask her before calling RCL.

Thanks

You'll pay the current fare (plus single supplement) for the room you choose for your son if you book a second room.  If your son qualifies for a C&A discount (like if he's D or D+), that discount would be applied on balcony or above cabins.

Also, if your wife qualifies for a C&A discount, you could book the room (balcony or above) in her name to get the discount, then get extra key cards once aboard so that the right people can access the right room.

• Thanks 1

There will not be a discount just for adding the second stateroom.  The current rates for that category as a solo cruiser will apply based on the same booking criteria as used with the first stateroom.  Also, typically the only C&A discount that may apply would be the Diamond and higher balcony discount.  But that would have also been applied to the first stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Add your wife as the solo so she gets the extra loyalty pt for solo. Later if she is higher level than you you can match her status.

You can switch around cabins once onboard. Book one of you solo, not your son.

Oh yeah...I forgot about the extra points for solo.  Good point!

I think the key for the OP to keep in mind is that there will not be a discount for adding a second stateroom. As previously mentioned, the prevailing booking rates at the time will be the determining factor.

However, the solo rate may be reduced as a result of a possible solo booking promotion that does take place from time to time.  But that would be a promo rate available to all bookings and not a discount based on adding a second booking.

All of the other points regarding who to place on the booking and potential double C & A points, etc., are indeed valid. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind