Received my TBA room #, how did I do?

famof4togo

So while I do fancy myself knowledgeable about cruising, I never mastered understanding the rooms/categories etc beyond the obvious division of suite/balcony/OV etc....so I am deferring to you much more knowledgeable Cruise critics to see how I fared...

Booked a guaranteed balcony on the Miracle and was assigned room # 7149 (Catagory 8D)....I am happy I am sandwiched between two floors of rooms, it is in the back of the boat which I have always been very center, so I am not sure if that is a bad thing????  Lastly, I am near elevators/stairs which at first, I thought "great that will be convenient" but am second guessing wondering if that will just be additional a lot of foot traffic / noise in front of room???? Mostly I am just wanting to be sure I am not in a room that will hear loud noises while docking etc...Any insight is appreciated!

TIA

PS....sail on 03/24 and received room # today 02/28 for those who are trying to gauge how far in advance they assign etc....

Edited by famof4togo

13 minutes ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

I looked up your room and you are actually toward the front of the ship...but you should still be ok.  Near the elevators will be convenient since you are not on an active deck.

Guess first thing should have been learning the difference between the front and the back LOL...but now with being the front, I read a few reviews lately about early morning long time noise from (rutters????)....will I have that issue?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

Guess first thing should have been learning the difference between the front and the back LOL...but now with being the front, I read a few reviews lately about early morning long time noise from (rutters????)....will I have that issue?

I think you are high enough up that would not me an issue.  That is usually at the back of the ship on the lower decks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

There was a post recently about noise at the front of the ship, it was determined to be the window washers on the bridge of the ship each morning, which wouldn't effect your cabin. Also, rudders dear, it's deer that are rutters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You're golden.  Your cabin will be in a hallway on the other side of a wall from the elevators.  I was in just such a situation on our recent cruise on Valor and liked that location a lot because it was so convenient to the stairs and elevators.  And absolutely zero disturbances from stairs or elevators.

• Like 1