Flying from Canada or the US?

Hello!  Just booked my first Regent cruise starting in Venice in November.  I'm currently on expat assignment in Toronto, but we kept our house in Cincinnati as well.   Theoretically we could fly out of either location and now that Canada is moving from PCR to antigen testing (at least for now) that added barrier is gone.  Does anyone have any advice on which country would be better if one is choosing to use Regent's biz class flights?  Or does it not really matter?  Thanks! 

We have a cruise on voyager on 3-26 departing from Civitavecchia.  Beginning tomorrow in Italy if we have 3 jabs we need nothing else.  Recovery from covid is acceptable. A negative test is also acceptable.

You only need one of the above.  I believe this is for many countries including the US and Canada. 

My point is November is  many months away, and things are changing quickly right now. They could change  for the worse by November.

Can you do nonstop?  If so, I'd choose the airport that has nonstop service.  Are you planning on deviating your flight?  If you deviate you can choose any airlines and any flight that Regent has contracts with.  So if you like a specific airlines, pay the deviation fee and choose it.  That way you get your seat assignment up to 270 days in advance.  Also if there is a domestic leg and it's on the same airlines they'll likely book you first class for the domestic leg.  If it's on a different airline, the domestic leg will be in coach.  

Covid aside, Toronto’s airport is going to have much better connections than Cincinnati. You’re unlikely to find a one stop from Cincinnati to Trieste. There will be several choices from Toronto. I always look for that first hop to put us in Europe.

Edited by Pudgesmom

Thanks all.  Agree Toronto probably has more options and therefore is likely the better choice.  One other question if you don't mind!  My TA said the insurance we had (for a previous cruise we didn't end up taking) wouldn't cover us if we flew out of Canada and we'd need a different kind / company.  Any reason why this would sway my decision?  I'm assuming I can just as easily (and reasonably priced) get insurance through a Canadian firm even though I'm American?  

3 hours ago, Wine_Down said:

Thanks all.  Agree Toronto probably has more options and therefore is likely the better choice.  One other question if you don't mind!  My TA said the insurance we had (for a previous cruise we didn't end up taking) wouldn't cover us if we flew out of Canada and we'd need a different kind / company.  Any reason why this would sway my decision?  I'm assuming I can just as easily (and reasonably priced) get insurance through a Canadian firm even though I'm American?  

I'd check that out, but could be true, if you're currently a resident of Canada.

13 hours ago, Wine_Down said:

Read you insurance Documents. If it is not very clear call the insurance company.

"My TA told me" might not get you covered if the policy says otherwise.