Healthcare Heroes Discount 0%

kilkoyne

So, after spending a fair amount of time on the phone with an MSC rep I was verbally quoted a discounted price. After sending in my paperwork I received an email from the Healthcare Hero department stating a 0% discount. I would be ok with that but a person on the phone shouldn't offer a verbal discount and then later and email saying it is not granted. 

Has anyone have this happen to them? Seems strange to me.

We are pleased to inform you that booking #xxxxx is reflecting a HealthCare Heroes discount. Per our adjustment department, this sailing is offering 0% discount for healthcare heroes. A confirmation email was sent to the email address on file for your records.

Ha ha that is horrendous. I have gotten to emailing the healthcare heroes BEFORE calling to see if a discount exists and how much on a sailing. The last 2 I called on, they said had no healthcare heroes rates available.

Edited by pghflyer

If you just got this email today, most of their Health Care Heroes discounts changed as of today. There are no more discounts for health care workers on Yacht Club Cabins. Guess they don't deserve something too nice. And I no longer see any 50% discounts, only 30%. Not saying they aren't there, I just know that sailings that had 50% yesterday are now at 30% today. And I imagine some have gone from 30% to 0%. 

All that being said, since you booked before today, the old discount should apply. This situation may not apply to your particular case, but thought everyone should know they have watered down the program.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me when you applied for Healthcare discount.......were quoted a price over the phone and sent an invoice to match that quote or did you get an invoice for the full price and had to wait for  the Healthcare Hero Department to email you back with the discount?

I believe they changed their wording on the website. I think it used to say 20%-50%? Now it says UP TO 50% OFF. "UP TO 50%" could also mean 0%.

+ UP TO 50% OFF (select sailings and discount based on season)

Edited by kilkoyne

Update:

I called and was emailed a new invoice with my discount applied. I can also view my cruise online with the discount.

After rereading their email it does say the discount was applied. I just wish the first PDF invoice would have shown the discount rather than sending me a PDF invoice with no discount. 

Good ole' MSC always keeping you guessing. 🥴 

We are pleased to inform you that booking #xxxxx is reflecting a HealthCare Heroes discount. Per our adjustment department, this sailing is offering 0% discount for healthcare heroes. A confirmation email was sent to the email address on file for your records.

Edited by kilkoyne

3 minutes ago, mrschipsfc said:

I received my original invoice for full price.  after I sent in my credentials and they were approved I got a new invoice with the discount shown

They didn't include a new invoice in their email until I called today and then they sent it.  I wish the email from Healthcare Hero would have explained this rather than tell me my discount was 0%. Oh well, it worked out.

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

We are pleased to inform you that booking #xxxxx is reflecting a HealthCare Heroes discount. Per our adjustment department, this sailing is offering 0% discount for healthcare heroes. A confirmation email was sent to the email address on file for your records.

Still - better than nothing, eh??

Oh, hang on!

8 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

They didn't include a new invoice in their email until I called today and then they sent it.  I wish the email from Healthcare Hero would have explained this rather than tell me my discount was 0%. Oh well, it worked out.

How much was your discount? I was quoted 30%, but on a previous booking last year it came back as 10%.

18 hours ago, Tierun said:

How much was your discount? I was quoted 30%, but on a previous booking last year it came back as 10%.

I got 30% off 🙂

Edited by kilkoyne

On 3/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, kilkoyne said:

I believe they changed their wording on the website. I think it used to say 20%-50%? Now it says UP TO 50% OFF. "UP TO 50%" could also mean 0%.

+ UP TO 50% OFF (select sailings and discount based on season)

Yes, this is the language that was on the site when I booked using the discount in January

On 3/1/2022 at 2:16 PM, mrschipsfc said:

I received my original invoice for full price.  after I sent in my credentials and they were approved I got a new invoice with the discount shown

Yep, same here. Just required one phone call back to CS. Easy peasy really. I tend not to get too flustered by stuff. 

On 3/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, kilkoyne said:

Possibly someone just made an error. Happens sometimes. Glad it worked out. 30% is good. Got that same discount last month. Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

So did you all get your 5% Voyager Discount AND the xx% Healthcare Discount?   Was it just one percentage off or did one apply and then the other? Sorry, yes an accounting person. 🙂

I assume the discount only applies to the fare and NOT the total with the taxes & fees.

Were you able to use this with a package rate (Free Drinks and WIFI)?

Yes, you get the HH discount (TBD based on sailing) and the 5% (but NOT, say 5+15% if it is a Voyager's Sailing).  That is applicable to the fare only, then you add the taxes & fees.

Yes, you can use with a package rate.

• Like 1

Anyone booked this within a final payment window - how does that work?  For the cruise I am looking at, I wouldn't book it at all if the discount isn't approved but if I have already made full payment, they kind of have me stuck right?

On 3/15/2022 at 1:44 PM, pghflyer said:

Anyone booked this within a final payment window - how does that work?  For the cruise I am looking at, I wouldn't book it at all if the discount isn't approved but if I have already made full payment, they kind of have me stuck right?

My son booked in the final payment window. Booked on March 4th and they sail April 3rd.  He paid in full and submitted his discount request this week (2 weeks before they leave).  He received an answer the next morning and did get a discount.  They said he can have it as a ship board credit or a refund after sailing.  It was around 22%.   

• Like 1

People that want to know if there is a discount, should try logitravel.co.uk (there are several languages available if needed, german for example would be logitravel.de).

You can check the prices there with or without the healthcare heroes discount, so it's easy to see if and what are the discount rates for the cruises.

I booked the Preziosa in May to the Northcape on the german logitravel page and it was very easy and flawless so far.

Edited by CruiserG79
  • Like 1

This is great and incredibly helpful @CruiserG79

They don't tell you how much you may get, but at least do tell you if the cruise is flagged to participate. 

Also super interesting to compare the price/ offers there to the USA MSC site. Basically the exact same price, but booking on yours (I suppose I could? I often book on other country sites to take advantage of currency fluctuations) would provide the Premium drinks instead Easy Plus...and ALL Gratuities. On the other hand USA gets up to 48 hours to change cruise compared to 15 DAYS on that site.