Alaska excursions 2022

b8nkr

So I was told March 1st the excursions would be available to book but they are still not available as of 12:30 CST. Does anyone have any news regarding why the continued delay? 

Edited by b8nkr

Just want to note we are on the 5/2 sailing from San Francisco not one of the ones that changed.

We have nothing for Icy Straight Point or Victoria on the lists. The others are fine at least for non-changed cruises, but I wouldn't expect anything to show up in those ports. 

Also from my understanding, both those ports above are just "maybe" happening, which could also be why there is nothing showing. John said on the book of faces they are finalizing what needs to be done with Alaska in general, which mainly concerns those 2 ports (1 in Canada, the other Tribal owned and from what I get very cautious since Covid), and we should hear "soon" 

This might be the reason for the delay, but it also seems a lot of the transfers went.. just wrong in the system and people don't have room #'s yet. I would give it a day or 2 to see if they can get everything straightened out with rooms 1st and then check. 

I am on the 5/2 Splendor sailing from Seattle and still only see 6 excursions for Juneau that were first listed a couple of days ago. With the updated Canadian Covid protocols released recently, they may be focused on determining if they can still sail and are holding off posting excursions that may have to be canceled and refunded.

Edited by JT1962
  • Thanks 1

That’s was I’m concerned about too. From what I’ve read, their aren’t enough operators and am concerned this season may be in jeopardy. BTW we are on the 5/18 sailing on the Spirit.

Edited by b8nkr

I see 3 additional excursions today for the 5/2 Splendor sailing - Transfers between the airport and ship before / after the cruise (no tour involved) and the Small Boat Excursion in Tracy Arm Fjord. The small boat excursion is excellent and will sell out quickly.

I see the times for this excursion are 7 am and 10:30am out of Seattle, which is before we would have an opportunity to drop off our bags.  Does anyone know if they have a place to store them or?

I bought Excursion Tracy Arm Fjord ...1pm ... This excursion will actually happen on your Tracy Arm day... it is a boat that tenders to Spirit. I believe they set it up on Seattle as to not confuse people into thinking Tracy Arm is an actual port we dock.

• Like 2