Using Canceled Cruise to Book Cheapy

EmmasNana

So I have funds still out there from a Carnival canceled cruise with the $600 OBC. Will they let me book one of these cheaper cruises with those funds and keep the $600 OBC?

The new cruise is cheaper than the canceled cruise so what happens to the overage?

The terms of the new cruise says must pay in full and that the full amount is non-refundable. If I am not able to go, do I lose out on the whole thing or will I get an FCC for some of it?

Hard question to answer. We were successful in transferring our OBC to our most recent cruise 2 different times. Several variables. My best advice would be to call your TA/PVP or call Carnival if you don't have one. As always, YMMV. Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Hard question to answer. We were successful in transferring our OBC to our most recent cruise 2 different times. Several variables. My best advice would be to call your TA/PVP or call Carnival if you don't have one. As always, YMMV. Good luck! 

Yes, I have an email in to my  pvp, just thought someone here might know.

5 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

If I am not able to go, do I lose out on the whole thing or will I get an FCC for some of it?

If it is you that cancels the new cruise, then you would be bound by the regular cancellation policy or any special cancellation policy at the time.

Edited by Lee Cruiser

7 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

So I have funds still out there from a Carnival canceled cruise with the $600 OBC. Will they let me book one of these cheaper cruises with those funds and keep the $600 OBC?

The new cruise is cheaper than the canceled cruise so what happens to the overage?

The terms of the new cruise says must pay in full and that the full amount is non-refundable.

Yes, you can use your FCC to book one of those super-low-cost cruise deals and keep your $600 OBC.  What happens to the overage depends on how you paid for the original cruise.  If you paid using a gift card or FCC, then it will become on board credit.  If you paid for it using a credit card or equivalent, then you could exercise the option to have the overage refunded to you.

Any newly booked cruise is subject to the cancellation rules for the new fare type.