Full Capacity

23 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

As soon as they get rid of the vaccination requirements they will fill ships to capacity. 

Removing the vax requirements will have both positive and negative impacts.  One of the reasons that I'm cruising now (NCL last week and cruised RCCL in Oct '21) is because there IS a vaccination requirement.  I saw NCL's slightly stricter policy (in comparison to RCCL at the time) as a definite plus.   I'm fully aware that some folks see it differently, and would hope that there are some decent cruise options for them soon as well - I have no ill wishes.   I think we all want to see the cruise industry do well and recover fully - we just have different ideas about the most efficient/effective path to get there.

Without the current policies in place, many ports wouldn't allow cruisers to go ashore, and I imagine that a cruise with no port days might also be tough to sell out at full capacity.   

Return to normal will require lots of things to change (in various countries and cruiselines)  in a coordinated manner, preferably with minimal mis-steps.  That, unfortunately can't happen overnight.  In the meantime, those that are willing can help slow the industry losses by going on a cruise.  As far as open deck chairs, bar stools, theatre seating, dinner reservations and great prices, there's never been a better time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Beaver1975 said:

As soon as they get rid of the vaccination requirements they will fill ships to capacity. 

I just found an article suggesting vaccine requirements will end next spring. Of course, all speculation, but it seems likely to me that vaccine requirements will be dropped sooner than most expected.

Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian May Drop Vaccine Mandate by This Date - Invesbrain

• Haha 1