The Daily for Thursday 03/03/2022

richwmn

45 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

That is good news that you had a chance to visit with your neighbor.  I'm sure she was grateful to know people care.  Hope her brother stays safe.

I do too, Lenda. They have more family in the Ukraine too, but with the language barrier it was difficult to understand how/where they are in the country.  It has to be a terrible worry.  She said she calls him every day and sends money. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, superoma said:

this will never be a popcorn pot because it is electric

My daughter makes popcorn in her IP.

I was terrified of it at first, now I love it.  Makes great yogurt.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We have a Chinese restaurant near us that was closed last summer, because "momma" was using the pressure cooker, it exploded, and blew her head off.  I never ever want one, and i don't cook for more than two, and one of us doesn't like left overs.  Hmmmm.

Well, I'm good talking on the  phones with customers, but not speaking in front of a bunch of people.  It was supposed to be a "speaker" meeting, meaning I would listen, another skill i need to work on,  but the speaker didn't show up.  And I read aloud, and spoke, so this is making progress.  I wonder what happened to the person who 20 years couldn't stop talking and now I struggle.  Well enough about me trying to learn to be a human.

Yesterday evening I was outside cleaning up stuff, and I noticed one of the new strays.  He/she is white with black ears and a black tail. All of a sudden it's name came to me...Aku.  The Babylonian moon God.  I told it, it's name and it didn't run away.  Until i got too close....  Well I worked until 10 my time, not California time, and I am one tired kitty- sweet dreams all-

cat-sleep-together-jpg.181334

• Like 17

As for caregiving, DH and I did our share.  We cared for his developmentally disabled brother for over 40 years and for my Mom fo 11 years.  DH’s Dad passed away right before we married and his brother became our charge.  My mom helped until could no longer.  

We just decided that this is what we had to do and we did it.  

It was not easy at times and most of the time we felt isolated.  

I wil tell you this.  Neither of us regretted one minute of what we did.

Caregiving is not easy and not understood by those who have never had to do it.

It is a labor of love and we would do it all over again if we had to.

Every caregiver deserves appreciation and admiration.  They are special.

God Bless them all.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Well enough about me trying to learn to be a human.

This describes more of us right now than you could possibly realize. I’m having a really hard time learning how to socialize in person like a normal person again. I used to take it for granted. 
You’re not alone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I was afraid of pressure cookers until I got my stovetop pressure cooker.  It was well built and never gave me any problems.  A few years ago, DH gave me an Instant Pot and it worked even better.  Last year, I upgraded to a newer model which is even easier to use.

Lenda

hmmm well I might have to reconsider then. thanks

21 hours ago, superoma said:

Get an instant pot. I have had the old type with the dancing pressure valve, used it for pop corn because it was a heavy pot.I’ve had a newer stovetop version with a better locking mechanism and only used it a few times.it is my new popcorn pot. I do love my instant pot. I feel safe using it and it can do so many things. lol this will never be a popcorn pot because it is electric.

ok good to know.  that makes you the 2nd person hoping I get a pressure cooker.