Celebration a milestone on MedallionClass?

phabric

On the MedallionClass, app, you can add a Celebration - birthday, anniversary, retirement.

It ask for a date.  Is it the date you want to celebrate?

I know with the medallion, if you pass a board and celebrating it will show up.

Will it only show up on the day you added or every day during cruise?

Yes, enter the day you want to celebrate. It only shows up on the hallway boards if you tap with the Medallion. Not merely walking past.

The pop-up ran for several days, not just on the day of. In our cabin, or on my tablet, OK. But I didn't like it in the halls as it is no one else's business.

I also didn't like it that crew call you by name when you approach, at a bar for example.I stopped that by carrying my Medallion in my wife's metal foil tea ball. (Faraday cage)

It will still open your cabin when touched to the door display, but won't unlock the door from down the hall.

Edited by mtnesterz

Don't know about the games or Ocean gambling. Some parts of the Medallion worked onboard, (Grand Class) and some functions just froze.  I've heard the Medallion works better on Royal Class ships. If you are embarking more later than sooner, perhaps things will improve.

Edited by mtnesterz

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

I also didn't like it that crew call you by name when you approach, at a bar for example

Personally I like the name calling. 

I know that my name just comes up on the screen, but it makes the service seem more personal.

Why do you dislike it ? 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why do you dislike it ? 

Surprised is more accurate than dislike. I'd forgotten that we enter what we want to be called prior to boarding. Being called by my first name by someone I'd never met was too familiar. But that's 100% on me for entering my name that way. He was doing his job correctly.

Edited by mtnesterz