P&O Entertainment

poppyfield

I pre booked for the Iona cruise on 12th February. Then as the itinerary was changed on 10th February the bookings were no longer relevant. 

The booking system onboard  the "Myholiday" app worked very well. There were three shows each evening in the main theatre and we got a booking for each one. For some reason known only to P&O the Headliners only did one show which was repeated on two evenings. We asked if we could see it again on the second night (first house) and they let us in as there were only about 100 in the audience.

I think as the ship had about 3500 passengeers they thought with Covid spacing they would be too busy. Which was not the case..

Similar booking was for the speaker during the four sea days.

They did not do bookings for the Sky Dome although due to the weather the circus style performers only did one show. Replaced by singers.

The entertainment seems to appear for booking a few days before the cruise with the holding message being there is no need to book. Keep checking back. 

It tends to be the 8:30 show that sometimes gets full as well as the Limelight Club. 

I’m currently on Aurora doing the transatlantic, and in my opinion there’s no need to book before you’re onboard. I’ve been to a show in the theatre every night so far and only booked via the app on the night of the performance. None of the shows I’ve been to have had a capacity audience.

Les

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 12:34 PM, amajaa said:

That’s interesting . Hope we get sone answers to this thread from people in the know.

It’s best to book the limelight club and epicurean before sailing, the epicurean was £22 each and on board booking £28 each , also when you board go straight to reception and ask for the formal night dates and book the chef’s table straight away for those nights , we had a different menu to the normal restaurants and it was much more better being attending to , also my tip is que at least 20 mins before opening so you don’t have to wait to long for your waiters , first in gets tables next to window and served first, also same tip for the limelight club but you had to que at least 30 mins before at the door if you want a table in the front rows, but they only fill half the capacity, we booked everything for the whole 3 weeks on board once the app loaded, things do get booked up early ie chef’s table , limelight club , olive grove, sometimes afternoon tea , but everything else it was easy to book dining, theatre, it took us the 3 weeks to see and visit every thing , even if you have booked and decide not to go to a show or afternoon tea just cancel a while before and it will open up for someone else ,but 8.30 shows were most popular. Hope that helps , enjoy your cruise 🚢 

• Like 2