Disappointing Sailabration on Radiance

Hi All,

This is not a hater post. Any day on board a ship is a better day then on land. That being said, the 50th Birthday celebration on the Radiance was underwhelming. From the fact that they had not one thing on board to buy with the 50th birthday logo to only one 45 minute "Sailabration" activity, we thought the whole thing was lackluster. The poor crew was doing their best to pretend the whole 50th birthday wasn't happening. I think that so many people were upset by the complete lack of anything onboard to do with the birthday, they were overwhelmed with complaints. Not one Balloon, no shows with a birthday theme, no birthday music, no birthday games. We tried to order one of the "Birthday Martini's" in the dining room and were told there was no such thing. We were told by other passengers that the east coast cruises got things like birthday pins, but that the west coast shipment did not arrive. I don't know how true that is, but it would explain some things. 

There was a birthday cake served on formal night, a sticker on our towel animal on formal night and buns with the 50th birthday logo at Guys and Big Chicken. That was it. So if you missed it, you didn't miss much.

This cruise would have been great, if I hadn't been expecting a birthday party, so no harm done.

Keep cruising, and hopefully, I see you out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, what a bummer.  We had considered doing this cruise, but changed our minds.  Did you end up meeting up at sea with other Carnival ships, or not?  I would hope they did that at least.  Sorry to hear it was underwhelming, since I do recall the prices were higher for that weekend and thinking there must  be something memorable for the difference.  ☹️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

So you thought the anniversary was a big deal? Why?

Why wouldn’t he?  Carnival has been playing this up.  Had 6 or so ships meet up today by Cozumel blowing horns etc...Lots of activities advertised.  Bringing the brand ambassador In the office and on Mardi Gras to film. 

Edited by clech
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, clech said:

Why wouldn’t he?  Carnival has been playing this up.  Had 6 or so ships meet up today by Cozumel blowing horns etc...Lots of activities advertised.  Bringing the brand ambassador In the office and on Mardi Gras to film. 

It may have been a "big deal" for Carnival but that's just marketing.  Horn blowing? John Heald? Whatever. Not really a big deal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

It may have been a "big deal" for Carnival but that's just marketing.  Horn blowing? John Heald? Whatever. Not really a big deal.

It was a big deal to the thousands that booked these specific cruises for the festivities too.  Not your cup of tea, fine.  No reason to rain on others parade.   I would have loved to have been on those ships yesterday and I can understand the poster’s disappointment the Radiance didn’t live up to the hype.

• Like 4

On 3/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, cruizergal70 said:

So you thought the anniversary was a big deal? Why?

Marketing. I specifically booked this cruise for the sailabration and took time off of work for this. I wanted to celebrate with Carnival in what seemed like a special occasion. Boy was I wrong about it being special. 

I was mad that they didn't have enough sailabration lanyards. Half of the people were walking around with white sailabration lanyards. Some jerk passenger took an entire box of blue sailabration lanyards at one of the events on the first night (the event where blue and red team does a competition with trivia, spelling, and freeze frame). I would have enjoyed having one as a memento for this cruise. I bet those lanyard will end up on ebay...

So salty here. Not a happy sailor here. 

Edited by DrSea
  • Like 2