Testing question for Canadian cruisers

pepcab

The government site has particular tests listed and that is has to be with a health care provider, which NCL assures me they are, I just wanted to make sure they were acceptable. One less thing to worry about to get home. 

6 hours ago, pepcab said:

Has anyone used the free rapid tests from NCL post cruise to get home? Were there any issues at the border or using those tests to get home?

We just got off the Bliss on Sunday, and used NCL's free antigen test to return to Canada.  It was no problem whatsoever. 😀👍

We received a letter in our room part-way through the cruise, saying that we could show up between 9:00 and 2:00 on the final sailing day to get tested.  We then had to return to our cabin for half an hour and if we received no call, we were free to go.  The official results arrived in our cabin later that day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I’m going on a B2B on the Joy starting March 19. I’ll let you know if I have any problems.

Sounds good, we will be on board next week, I'll let everyone know once we are back if there were issues. We are driving across the border and flying domestic within the states so it may work out differently. We are optimistic though 😉

The rapid antigen tests are readily available in Ontario.  I would pack some with me just to be on the safe side.  They're easy to use and there are 5 tests in each kit.  I got 2 kits

at my local grocery store.

1 hour ago, Samstress said:

The rapid antigen tests are readily available in Ontario.  I would pack some with me just to be on the safe side.  They're easy to use and there are 5 tests in each kit.  I got 2 kits

at my local grocery store.

They need to be proctored tests.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, gmbhardy said:

I’m going on a B2B on the Joy starting March 19. I’ll let you know if I have any problems.

Never trust a Sabres fan! Go Leafs Go! 

Seriously, TA advised that the ship issued tests are valid to get back on Air Canada and home. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow the Cdn govt might officially announce that fully vaccinated travellers may no longer need pre-testing to arrive into Canada!!!    We already have our testing kit on the way because our cruise ends in Athens (April 2022) - and we are taking it with us just in case.  But this is fantastic news!!!

• Like 2