Gelato Flavors Regal Princess?

broadwaycam

I saw vanilla, cookies and cream, mint chip, strawberry, and a few more I can't remember.

When I was on board the Regal last month, I don't think I ever saw anybody buying gelato.

In fact, in my survey I commented that surely there must be a better use for such a big space that produces very little income.

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I saw vanilla, cookies and cream, mint chip, strawberry, and a few more I can't remember.

When I was on board the Regal last month, I don't think I ever saw anybody buying gelato.

In fact, in my survey I commented that surely there must be a better use for such a big space that produces very little income.

Agree that they could downsize that area and still provide nice treats.  As for flavors, I imagine they have some standards and then mix in others.  @broadwaycam, I wouldn't count on the same flavors someone might report being the same when you cruise.  Although you could expect some standards to be there all the time.

We just got off Regal yesterday. Only one of the two gelato freezers was open.

From memory, it was chocolate, Nutella, strawberry, pistachio and one more I can't remember. (But don't place bets on that.)

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Agreed. I remember when it was just a section of the IC. 

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

While the Gelato is very good, the ice cream in the DR is free, so why bother with it? 😄  Having a dedicated space for Gelato is crazy considering the number of people that buy it.

I've talked to many of the crew about what they do with it at the end of the evening & they all tell me that it's just thrown away. I though they might send it to the crew mess hall. 

Boarded Regal on Monday and both gelato freezers were full.   But....no sugar-free like I had on Enchanted last year. I will circle back and see if it appears.  Loved that sugar-free gelato!  BTW the build your own sundae section of the MDR dessert menu lists vanilla and chocate gelato. 

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Boarded Regal on Monday and both gelato freezers were full.   But....no sugar-free like I had on Enchanted last year. I will circle back and see if it appears.  Loved that sugar-free gelato!  BTW the build your own sundae section of the MDR dessert menu lists vanilla and chocate gelato. 

That sounds like something new.

Was it on the Enchanted or the Regal ?