Masks in Mexico?

famof4togo

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Masks are definitely required in Mexica, strictly enforced, if you want to wrestle!  

Baloney as it depends where you are in Mexico.  We live in Puerto Vallarta (am there now) where no mask mandate outdoors.  Indoors you do need it for shopping and to enter a restaurant but the reality is folks take them off in bars, clubs and restaurants.  Rules vary by State (and sometimes locality) just like in the States.

Hank

Hank, you overlooked my caveat, "if you want to wrestle."  It is my understanding that wrestlers are required to wear those awful colorful masks whenever they wrestle and that this is common throughout the country.  

I was not commenting on the current Covid restrictions, but on the cultural aspects of Mexican wrestling.

Hank, I thought by now you would recognize my feeble attempts at levity.

Mike

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

Just off the Miracle and masks were required inside and even outside dining seating in both Cabo and Ensenada.

Interesting.  We were only required to wear them on the shuttle to downtown when we were there (Ensenada) in early March.  Went in many shops, had lunch, and had drinks at another location and there was barely a mask in sight.

I guess it depends.  Regardless, I am just looking forward to a time where we don't have to worry about whether or not we need them.  (Of course, that will mean everything will be crowded again though so I guess we'll take the good with the bad.) 🙂