Oceania Marina cat B3 extended balcony

Cruiseskier

20 minutes ago, the mice said:

I thought in an earlier post you said you were on Marina.   Riviera has been renovated with the new bathrooms.  Marina HAS NOT.

Correct. What we are trying to determine is if the renovation is occurring directly prior to our cruise. It seems to be a toss of the coin on whether the three weeks prior is a charter or dry dock. TA has asked, I have called. No answer - so that was why I was asking. 

On 7/15/2023 at 3:26 PM, harlor said:

Hi FF!  Is that an extended balcony in the forward or aft of the ship? btw, we always try to get 7108, as you have in Oct. I'd like to know if the forward ones are too bouncy. We've always taken the aft ones when we had a choice.

Loretta

Forward ones have one rail side angled (so slightly smaller than the pictured aft one). We prefer aft on all O and R ships.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you all for this thread information. We just switched from A3 concierge to extended balcony B3 and saved $900. I really appreciate all the insights here. 

Yes- on O ships, extended balconies (particularly the four corners) are the far better choice/value than concierge.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

No four corners available but it still seems like a winner!  At least I will know for future cruises up front. 

If you have a relationship with a long-serving O phone rep or onboard O Club Ambassador, they’re often in the best position to grab a B extended balcony corner on Day 1 of your desired cruise’s booking availability. The you have a 30 day window to transfer to your TA.

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If you have a relationship with a long-serving O phone rep or onboard O Club Ambassador, they’re often in the best position to grab a B extended balcony corner on Day 1 of your desired cruise’s booking availability. The you have a 30 day window to transfer to your TA.

Really great suggestion. I appreciate this advice. 

If you had a choice of cabin 7000/7001 fully forward or 7116/7129 with extended balconies which would you recommend. Those full forward would have more movement (we experienced a similar location in the North Sea and it was pretty crazy), but this is in the Mediterranean. 

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

If you had a choice of cabin 7000/7001 fully forward or 7116/7129 with extended balconies which would you recommend. Those full forward would have more movement (we experienced a similar location in the North Sea and it was pretty crazy), but this is in the Mediterranean. 

I do not like the  ones forward of the front elevators  so we always choose  mid or aft  cabins

we were in 7114  worked fine  for us

YMMV

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
12 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you very much for posting this link. You did a great job showcasing Marina, as well as the extended balcony (now A category). It was very helpful to me. 

Find one of these (four only) on the Riviera and Marina deck plans.

IMG_1839.jpeg

6 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Find one of these (four only) on the Riviera and Marina deck plans.

IMG_1839.jpeg

What deck and what category are these on

3 hours ago, rjp50 said:

What deck and what category are these on

My post was a challenge/puzzle 😎:

There are only four of these cabins - each on Marina and Riviera. Check out the deck plan and you’ll actually see where extended balconies are located. Then look for the four corner cabins where the extended balcony sections begin. Hint #1: They are all only on one deck. 

Once you figure out where they are, just look at the deck plan color key for which cabin category. Hint #2 If you want to book one, you’ll need to do it immediately upon bookings opening for your selected cruise. In most cases, they go very quickly.