Oceania Marina cat B3 extended balcony

Cruiseskier

3 hours ago, Cruiseskier said:

Do these balconies have lounge chairs or regular chairs or both?  

Also does anyone have any pictures?  Thanks

You don’t want to do these extended balconies! The extra space with both lounge and regular chairs give you way too many options for enjoying this extra value. And the worst of these balconies are the four corner ones that are open on two sides. Oh the horror!

As a courtesy to unknowing folks who may book the same cruise as we do, we will always try to book one of those four corner ones (which for some strange reason are grabbed on the first day of a cruise opening for booking). In that way, we will spare them the unknown problems they would surely encounter. 
😉

• Haha 6

Just now, babysteps said:

Nov 2021 Marina we had chaise lounges only. Many years ago we boarded to chairs only and asked, soon they were swapped out for chaise lounges. So if you don't see what you would like, just ask 🙂

January 2022- Riviera. Both chairs and loungers were waiting for us.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You don’t want to do these extended balconies! The extra space with both lounge and regular chairs give you way too many options for enjoying this extra value. And the worst of these balconies are the four corner ones that are open on two sides. Oh the horror!

As a courtesy to unknowing folks who may book the same cruise as we do, we will always try to book one of those four corner ones (which for some strange reason are grabbed on the first day of a cruise opening for booking). In that way, we will spare them the unknown problems they would surely encounter. 
😉

We like B3's with extended balcony also. Oops... I mean we hate them. Too much room. They are terrible.  😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

😉

Yep, I'm really dreading my upcoming Papeete/LA cruise with aft extended balcony! Between arranging the balcony furniture & deciding food choices I just don't know if we'll make it!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Vertygo said:

Yep, I'm really dreading my upcoming Papeete/LA cruise with aft extended balcony! Between arranging the balcony furniture & deciding food choices I just don't know if we'll make it!!

There's an O ship coming back from Papeete?  Yes, Regatta does have some big balconies back there. Especially the corners. 

• Like 1

And.....on Marina or Riveria.... never ever get 7008 or 7009 because their wind sheltered balconies are some 40% larger than the other extended ones. and don't have a divider looking stern...... 2 chairs a chaise..& table...   Oh the horror  the horror. 

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

And.....on Marina or Riveria.... never ever get 7008 or 7009 because their wind sheltered balconies are some 40% larger than the other extended ones. and don't have a divider looking stern...... 2 chairs a chaise..& table...   Oh the horror  the horror. 

SSHHHH!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Ain’t that the truth. Perhaps it was an error or I just wasn’t paying attention but:

I’ve got 7108 booked on Marina for 47 days starting this coming October 18.

• Like 2

We are booked on Riviera, a 39 day Christmas cruise in the Caribbean. We had been planning for a Concierge level cabin but we are forced to accept B3 - 7009. Imagine being forced to look backwards and not feel the breeze in your face… and now what to do with the extra money we were unable to pay for concierge.

We won’t get that bottle of Concierge champagne so now we have to bring a bottle of Veuve Cliquot onboard with us. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thunderbird56 said:

Don't tell anyone, but they made the same design flaw on the new Vista and we happened to get "stuck" with one on its second cruise next April.  Guess we'll just live with it.

… but they did raise the category…..

There is a great deal of difference in opinion on Concierge vs B3 extended balconies. Some of us (particularly those who prefer continental breakfast in cabin) see the meager concierge perks (and no extended balconies) to be not worth the money. 
FWIW: Recently, on Riviera, the low passenger load allowed for us B folks to be offered Hot breakfast in cabin (as well as two internet accounts) at no extra charge. We used the internet but never needed/wanted hot breakfast.

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

We are booked on Riviera, a 39 day Christmas cruise in the Caribbean. We had been planning for a Concierge level cabin but we are forced to accept B3 - 7009. Imagine being forced to look backwards and not feel the breeze in your face… and now what to do with the extra money we were unable to pay for concierge.

We won’t get that bottle of Concierge champagne so now we have to bring a bottle of Veuve Cliquot onboard with us. 

My heart bleeds for you..... be strong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

There is a great deal of difference in opinion on Concierge vs B3 extended balconies. Some of us (particularly those who prefer continental breakfast in cabin) see the meager concierge perks (and no extended balconies) to be not worth the money. 
FWIW: Recently, on Riviera, the low passenger load allowed for us B folks to be offered Hot breakfast in cabin (as well as two internet accounts) at no extra charge. We used the internet but never needed/wanted hot breakfast.

Breakfast in a regular cabin any B or A  is akin to a scene from a Marx Brothers movie.... Fun to watch  but  an endurance to experience..........   Ill take the Terrace or Main Dining thankyou very much

37 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Had nothing to do with passenger load, well, perhaps the 2 internet accts were, but not the hot breakfast. This is a new perk that they recently announced for all cabin categories. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

No- we have to warn people about making this mistake. “A picture is worth a thousand words.” 

769F34F4-A714-4D85-A628-22AA9EF26AC6.jpeg

Ya..I had to endure that same hellhole for 36 days Tahiti to NY.....I am still getting therapy. suffering PMSD   ( post Marina stress disorder)

• Haha 2

Not surprising, but a shame O raised categories for those on Vista. Ones forward are now A; ones aft are PH. Same thing happened with aft facing cabins over the wake on lots of ships once the secret was out. 😖