Opinions on Whisper

cruisun

We are considering Canada/ New England in October. Looks like a great Itinerary and would be our first time on SS. I see the ship is older and I believe was refurbished around 2018. Has anyone sailed her recently? Thanks 

Good morning, I sailed her for 15 nights in December. Yes, she is smaller and older but I had a really good time and met some wonderful folks.  Now, I do prefer the larger ships (just being honest), more restaurant choices and I love the Arts Cafe so I missed that too.

But Whisper is a nice vessel🙂

• Like 2

According to a Cruise Consultant, the Whisper has not been updated because it is used for the World Cruise and that doesn't leave it much time to go into drydock.  A "Musification" is due probably for  2023.

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I sailed her for 15 nights in December. Yes, she is smaller and older but I had a really good time and met some wonderful folks.  Now, I do prefer the larger ships (just being honest), more restaurant choices and I love the Arts Cafe so I missed that too.

But Whisper is a nice vessel🙂

I agree with all that! Hi @Lois R!

We’re glad we sailed on her and had a nice time, met @Lois R and @DCPIV, but will look to the larger ships for future cruises. 

But it has a very loyal following and SS uses it for world cruises, so many people enjoy it. 

• Like 2

I did not find her dark and gloomy........as mentioned, I enjoy the larger ships more but dark and gloomy are not what comes to my mind at all.  Actually, that sounds quite depressing to me. I did not find her depressing.....actually, the area around the pool and the bartenders/staff were always friendly......

If Moses is still the Pool Bartender? He is awesome🙂.......all the staff is memorable👍

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gogo65 said:

I’m also considering a cruise on her, however we were disappointed with silver cloud and found her dark and a bit gloomy.

Not sure if whisper is similar to cloud? Assume it is..

She's the sister ship to the Shadow, larger than Wind and the pre-refit Cloud. 

• Like 1