Car rental from LAX, but where to return if in Long Beach?

akane161

We are flying into LAX and planning to rent a car to do some sight seeing a day before we board our Carnival ship in Long Beach. My question is where could we drop off the rental car near the cruise port? Would we be able to walk from the car rental return to the cruise terminal?

Any help would be appreciated! 

There is no place to drop off a car that would be walkable. Some rental car companies have Downtown Long Beach offices, but I think most are closed on Sundays and not every company is there.

The one sure fire place is at the airport, LGB, and then Uber/taxi to the port.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had family do this.  They arrived in LAX and picked up a rental car, spent a few days in California.  Then on cruise day the dad dropped off everyone at the port and drove to LGB dropped the car off at the rental agency then got an uber to the port.

Heads up it took him about 2 hours round trip.

On 3/13/2022 at 3:46 PM, akane161 said:

My question is where could we drop off the rental car near the cruise port? Would we be able to walk from the car rental return to the cruise terminal?

Also keep in mind that a lot of major rental car companies have one way drop fees which can make your rental car significantly more expensive. Make sure to check and always worth a call to see if they would waive it (which they will sometimes do when picking up and dropping off at two corporately owned rental offices as opposed to a franchise). 

• 2 weeks later...