Holland's requirement for COVID Vaccinations?

gaunerdog

This may have been answered previously. But, I just looked at recent CDC statements about Vaccines; and I'm  not sure if HA requires a booster to sail now. We have a booked Alaska cruise with my grandsons ages 11 and 14 in June. None of us have boosters but all have received the 2 required vaccine shots. My wife and I travelled on 3 cruises in August, October and December last year including one of those on HA. Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Holland says you must be fully vaccinated.  According to the CDC fully vaccinated does not mean received a booster when available.  This is my understanding of it.  I sure hope this is accurate, as we cruise next Sunday on the Rotterdam, and we have not received boosters.  Just first and second primary doses.

1. Stay Up to Date with Your COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

Mar 08, 2022 · Fully vaccinated means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine. Up to date means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine, and a booster dose when eligible.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

HAL does not require the booster at this time.  However, some destinations do require it, so you will need to make sure you meet those requirements.

As noted, some destinations may require a booster.  If they don't now, they might in the future based on time elapsed since fully vaccinated.  From HAL's vaccine FAQ section:

For an individual to be considered fully vaccinated, at least 14 days must have passed after the administration of the last dose in their primary vaccine series. Some countries and regions also have a time limit on when the last dose was given or have a booster requirement to be considered fully vaccinated. The U.S. CDC recommends a booster 5 months after your mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series; other countries and regions allow for up to 9 months or vary. Following the CDC guidance is sufficient to be considered fully vaccinated in all ports we visit.