Gelato not covered by any adult or minors drink package?

tallnthensome

I was lucky enough to sail MSC when the premium drink package included everything included everything including gelato. Do none of the packages include gelato now? They say soft serve Included  but is gelato an upcharge now ? I can't remember if there were soft serve machines behind the bars. I have two kids that enjoyed the gelato last time. 

8 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I was lucky enough to sail MSC when the premium drink package included everything included everything including gelato. Do none of the packages include gelato now? They say soft serve Included  but is gelato an upcharge now ? I can't remember if there were soft serve machines behind the bars. I have two kids that enjoyed the gelato last time. 

You have to pay for gelato now.  Also, only ice cream that is served on the Seashore (not gelato) is in the buffet at 3pm or 4pm, I can't remember what time and only for like a hour or two.  Could not find any other "free" ice cream anywhere on the ship.  

The gelato was crazy stupid high prices.  Tiny cup was $4.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

On the Seaside they have soft serve, and on the Meravaglia they have soft serve out near the pool area.    

The Divina 3 weeks ago had soft serve but the machines were broken the entire time of our 4-day Cruise.   We did pay for gelato a few times there.  

Keep in mind soft serve is not 24/7 and is probably available for about 4 hours of the day.

Edited by CampNCruise74
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We had ice cream on the menu for dessert every lunch and dinner in the Yacht Club. Our waiter told us it was always made on board for YC. Where outside YC it could either be made on board or outsourced.

IMG_1705.jpg

That's true, forgot about dining in the restaurants.    My son gets vanilla in regular dining in the evenings as his dessert.   I have experienced most all employees being helpful around the buffets though and remember that one even got a guest some of the Matcha ice cream from Teppanyaki upon request from a guest. Pretty cool