Which is better?

izmeeh

Without any doubt, option # 1 is vastly superior. Have been to Glacier Bay way too many times and never failed to see the glaciers, and the Ranger Rangers are also excellent.

In 2 Alaska seasons, I only ever got into Dawes Glacier once, due to ice.

57 minutes ago, mrsturkelton said:

Option1 would be my pick.  Skagway is a must see!

Which proves, once again, that people have different opinions. Personally, I could do without Skagway except for the old cemetery. Which is not high on most peoples list of what to see there. But I still agree with Option 1. 

• Like 1

I base my choice on excursions. I loved my visit to Icy Strait Point last year - did whale watching and ZipRider. For just walking around, I’d probably skip it.

One visit to Haines for a really lackluster wildlife viewing boat ride (better eagle viewing in downtown Ketchikan). Not much to do here.  It’s a very small community.

I love Glacier Bay - nearly a full day cruising, with multiple glaciers (and yet not as good as College Fjord, which is seen on one-way Northbound cruises).  I have seen Hubbard Glacier and Sawyer Glacier - they are all pretty spectacular if you like glaciers. 

Victoria - if you can get there in time to visit Butchart Gardens, that’s a beautiful spot.  Arriving in the late evening is rather disappointing that you are there just for a technicality.  Can’t bike or do activities after dark.

• Like 1