CDC Lowers Cruise Risk to Level 2

4 hours ago, skagen said:

I just ordered another 3-pack of tests so I'm expecting the testing requirement to be dropped now ahead of our early April cruise now that I spent the $.

Yup, we bought a 6 pack, but I would gladly throw them away if they drop the testing before our cruise 🙂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

I hope pre-cruise testing ends...I want vaccination requirement to be permanent.

While I agree this would be optimal for me, I wonder how many pre-cruise positive tests there are.  I have never seen numbers for this, but I would guess as long as there are significant numbers failing, the tests will continue.  If the positive tests fall to low levels, it would indicate tests aren’t necessary.

This is overall good to see. Once kids can get vaccinated I wonder if we’ll see a 100% vaccination requirement to cruise, but maybe a dropping off the testing requirement. Everyone was negative before our cruise recently but my dad still got COVID on it sadly. He wasn’t wearing a mask as much though. 

Im kind of iffy on the lack of masking because it’s a minor inconvenience that seems to help a lot. Luckily we can wear it if we want. 

It will be interesting to see what ports do going forward. Every port we visited required masking at least inside, but maybe half the cruise ship tourists didn’t listen. I think the shopkeepers just got tired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1