CVM in vancouver airport

Cruisingrampy

13 hours ago, Cruisingrampy said:

Since i wont be using my switch health kits to get on the ship.anymore haha has anyone used this place

yup, used them in September and my parents used them in November.  I will be using them in May if we still have to have a test to get on a ship as they are the least expensive place here for an Antigen test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stefndoug said:

yup, used them in September and my parents used them in November.  I will be using them in May if we still have to have a test to get on a ship as they are the least expensive place here for an Antigen test.

I thought you can only get tested at YVR if you have a plane ticket??????????/

Sorry I was wrong.

Ultima Vancouver Airport Medical Clinic provides rapid antigen (Abbott Panbio™) and PCR testing. Booking an appointment is preferred, but walk-ins are accepted.

• For: Individuals who need a test for travel or work purposes. This site is not for individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
  • Location & Hours: The clinic is on  Services level 1 of the Main Terminal (below Domestic Arrivals). This area is pre-security, so passengers connecting from another flight will need to exit the secure area to locate the clinic. They operate Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Cost: The rapid-antigen test will cost $79 and the PCR testing will cost $199 at the individual's own expense.

• FLYCLEAR BY LIFELABS TESTING FACILITY
  • Cost: PCR tests are being offered for $199 and rapid antigen tests for $60. This is at the passengers’ own expense.
Edited by DHP1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I thought you can only get tested at YVR if you have a plane ticket??????????/

According to this YVR webpage, there are several test facilities that do not require that you have a flight ticket. CVM appears to be an exception:  https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/travel-planning/takecare/covid-19-testing

We sail out of Vancouver in Sept. Originally when I booked I assumed I’d be able to test at home (Ontario) for much cheaper but since we may need to test the day before instead of two days then this airport testing might be the best for us since we fly in a day ahead. We can collect our bags go to the testing and then head to our hotel. Hopefully testing will not be required by September but this sounds doable. 

CVM replied to my email...

"Hi there,

I hope this email finds you well.

We conduct only Rapid Antigen testing inside the airport. Results for antigen test are issued within about an hour from the time you are tested and are emailed to you.  You may book online or choose to walk in during our business hours. 

We are in YVR airport before security check and located at the front end of the terminal where US departures is located, just under the Fairmont Hotel. We are there from 5 AM to 8:30 PM..."

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We sail out of Vancouver in Sept. Originally when I booked I assumed I’d be able to test at home (Ontario) for much cheaper but since we may need to test the day before instead of two days then this airport testing might be the best for us since we fly in a day ahead. We can collect our bags go to the testing and then head to our hotel. Hopefully testing will not be required by September but this sounds doable. 

LOL  Same here.  We were planning fly out Thursday afternoons (get tested that morning) and depart for our cruise on Saturday.  Now you need to be tested within a day of embarkment.  This may all change within 6 months and if it doesn't, we have plan A and B. Furthermore, I believe more testing locations will open up for Alaska cruise season. Be nice if there located downtown where we will be staying for 2 nights prior to our cruise.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, stefndoug said:

How long did tesults take

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 8:34 AM, stefndoug said:

Did you have to provide proof of boarding a flight ? or can they be used for boarding a ship in Vancouver ?  Also do they provide a printed copy or certificate for boarding or just an email. ?

Thanks 

9 hours ago, 3JCruiser said:

Did you have to provide proof of boarding a flight ? or can they be used for boarding a ship in Vancouver ?  Also do they provide a printed copy or certificate for boarding or just an email. ?

Thanks 

Nope no proof and you sit there and wait until they give you the paperwork.  No email

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Nope no proof and you sit there and wait until they give you the paperwork.  No email

I booked an appt. yesterday for April 22nd. They clearly said that they send the results to the email you provided and do not give paper copies.  So this is new.

15 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I booked an appt. yesterday for April 22nd. They clearly said that they send the results to the email you provided and do not give paper copies.  So this is new.

That is new.  We have used them 2 times and we had to stay and wait for a paper copy.  Email is much nicer and then you don't have to wait for them.  I like that much better.

• Like 1

I have used them for 3 cruises now.  They do not ask for proof of your flight, the first time I was tested there they gave me paperwork, the next two times because I was in the system, that’s what they said, they just emailed me the paperwork.

• Like 2