Elite Benefit - Shoe Polishing

tawlaw1526

6 hours ago, FritzG said:

We are just finishing our 20 day b2b, and we’ve loved every minute of it.  This was our first cruise in 2 1/2 years, and we finally marked 30 cruises with Princess.  

That is so wonderful to hear.  Congrats on 30 cruises.   I am only at 23 with Princess.   Safe travels home!!!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 6:09 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Sorry.. I may be clueless but WHY would you need anyone else to clean your shoes ?

We pack clean, just ‘worn in’ shoes to avoid sore feet. Don’t go anywhere to get the shoes dirty.

Oh suppose those who go hiking might need to clean their boots, although rinsing before re boarding could solve that issue…..another feature that depends on your priorities, but it’s not a concern for us.

We too pack clean and comfortable shoes.    The service is shoe polishing.   I am not sure they would clean dirty shoes and I would never ask them to do that.     An example of why we would need a polish, after first formal night a very expensive pair of leather dress shoes were scuffed when someone stepped backwards in an elevator and on top of his shoes leaving a giant scuff.    With another 3 formal nights remaining, a nice polished shoe would of been very nice.   So that would be our reason for asking and not to clean dirty hiking boots.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

We too pack clean and comfortable shoes.    The service is shoe polishing.   I am not sure they would clean dirty shoes and I would never ask them to do that.     An example of why we would need a polish, after first formal night a very expensive pair of leather dress shoes were scuffed when someone stepped backwards in an elevator and on top of his shoes leaving a giant scuff.    With another 3 formal nights remaining, a nice polished shoe would of been very nice.   So that would be our reason for asking and not to clean dirty hiking boots.  

In those circumstances it would have been helpful to have shoes buffed and polished, I agree.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Sorry.. I may be clueless but WHY would you need anyone else to clean your shoes ?

We pack clean, just ‘worn in’ shoes to avoid sore feet. Don’t go anywhere to get the shoes dirty.

Oh suppose those who go hiking might need to clean their boots, although rinsing before re boarding could solve that issue…..another feature that depends on your priorities, but it’s not a concern for us.

You are obviously not ex military , my husband would always make sure his shoes are polished before going out . When the kids were young he used to polish their school shoes every night. 

I think people have got out of the habit of polishing shoes now , especially with all the different materials shoes are made out of now. To pick up on a comment earlier on , no we wouldn’t dream of expecting someone else to clean a pair of muddy shoes for us. But I suppose a quick buff up on a clean pair of shoes we might consider. 

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:09 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Bwaa has ha !  Priorities and style have limitations 

23 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Does anyone know if you can get dinner jackets cleaned? ( or a tux as you call it over the pond) 

I believe you can.   Check the laundry slip that will be in your cabin.   If that isn’t clear, ask your cabin steward, he would know.