Elite Benefit - Shoe Polishing

tawlaw1526

My hubby and I are both elite with Princess and he just asked me a question I couldn’t answer.   He said, if I am on board and want to take advantage of the complimentary shoe polishing, how do I go about it?    My first thought was to contact our cabin steward but on our last cruise, he was never to be found and a few times, just flat out didn’t come in to refresh our cabin or towels.   I don’t recall seeing any option on the medallion app for shoe polishing.   Does anyone know how we would go about taking advantage of the complimentary shoe polishing?   Thank you in advance!!!

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I doubt it would be available in the app unless one was actually on the ship.

Sorry, I should of been more clear, I didn’t notice it on the app when I was on the ship but I wasn’t specifically looking for it.  My hubby didn’t ask the question until we were already home from the cruise.   

47 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

When onboard, try "Crew Chat".

They answer questions and solve problems.

Thank you, I will do that when on board next.   I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer because my hubby just ask me today and we won’t be on board again until June.  

• Thanks 1

Just ask the cabin steward. There used to be a number to page on the desk. Otherwise just place on bed with a note or the laundry ticket.

Polishing is just a once over with one of those sponge things you proably have seen in hotels. It isn't a real polish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Polishing is just a once over with one of those sponge things you proably have seen in hotels. It isn't a real polish.

Usually it is, but I once submitted a pair that were a bit beat up and they came back looking new! This guy was a magician and obviously took a lot of pride in his work.  And yes, he was handsomely rewarded for his efforts.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Just ask the cabin steward. There used to be a number to page on the desk. Otherwise just place on bed with a note or the laundry ticket.

Polishing is just a once over with one of those sponge things you probably have seen in hotels. It isn't a real polish.

i asked a steward about it once and he gave me one of those sponge things.

• Haha 5

Just leave them sitting out where visible with a note. I usually sit them on the laundry bag at the bottom of the un-made bed where they won't be missed.

Usually back in a couple hours.  And yes, no problem as recently as last month.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I was in a suite last week on Caribbean Princess and they said shoe polishing was no longer offered and they just gave out the sponges now. 

A Covid thing? Or another cutback in Elite benefits?

Sorry.. I may be clueless but WHY would you need anyone else to clean your shoes ?

We pack clean, just ‘worn in’ shoes to avoid sore feet. Don’t go anywhere to get the shoes dirty.

Oh suppose those who go hiking might need to clean their boots, although rinsing before re boarding could solve that issue…..another feature that depends on your priorities, but it’s not a concern for us.

• Like 2

Yes,it is still a Elite benefit.  (  according to my latest princess circle magazine )More than likely you just get a hold of your cabin steward or stewardess and then they will take care of it for you . Good question though.my husband has never needed it ,we don’t dress too fancy anymore on a cruise and even when he wore his tux he just wore a pair of black shoes that were clean - no need for polishing.

image.jpg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, FritzG said:

We’re currently on the Enchanted, and DH asked our steward about polishing his shoes, and he gladly did it.  On the second formal night he polished them again without being asked. 

That’s so awesome to hear!   Thank you so much for sharing this with us.   Have an excellent cruise!   I hope you are enjoying the Enchanted.   We sail on her in December and can’t wait.  

21 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Sorry.. I may be clueless but WHY would you need anyone else to clean your shoes ?

Same reason there are (or at least used to be) show shine stands at railroad terminals, major bus stations, etc.

47 Shoe Shine Stand Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

11 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

That’s so awesome to hear!   Thank you so much for sharing this with us.   Have an excellent cruise!   I hope you are enjoying the Enchanted.   We sail on her in December and can’t wait.  

We are just finishing our 20 day b2b, and we’ve loved every minute of it.  This was our first cruise in 2 1/2 years, and we finally marked 30 cruises with Princess.  

5 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

(or at least used to be).    Says it all !

had them at 'Nati airport this week ... 3 chairs? - all busy

when I used to travel for corporate ( seems like a previous life now ) - I 'always' treated myself to a 'shine'.  A man's shoes tell a lot about them ... that may have been from Shawshank ...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, FritzG said:

We’re currently on the Enchanted, and DH asked our steward about polishing his shoes, and he gladly did it.  On the second formal night he polished them again without being asked. 

I wish I had the same experience. Maybe I should have asked the front desk.