John Wayne airport

alliecat1970

Flying from DFW I chose John Wayne airport due to  it being smaller than lax, Did I make a mistake? I realize its 10  miles more than LAX , I am traveling solo so now doubting myself. The layovers and chang of planes for lgb airport too long, Has anyone ever flown in or out of John Wayne? Please tell me your experience.  Thank You Janet

10 miles more to where?

I have flown in and out of Orange County a few times, but not for cruises. Yes, its smaller, and pretty easy to use. In fact, its small enough that I ran into a friend there one flight ( we are both from northern California)...I had no idea he would be there, and it was not a direct flight routing for either of us.

A mistake...not that I can think of. It will cost you more in ground transport cost to whatever port you are going to. 

I've used SNA a few times and it's very easy to get around in and get out of.  Why not phone a shuttle service and see what they can do for you to get you to Long Beach?  I'm not making a recommendation on the service but maybe try longbeachshuttle.com

5 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

10 miles farther than lax airport, Will be able to uber or lift easily from there? Thank you for the help.  Janet

You'll have no problem getting an Uber/Lyft from SNA. While it's a longer (and thus more expensive) trip than from LAX, you won't be dealing with, well, LAX.

SNA is busy (lots of families flying in for Disneyland vacations) but super easy to navigate.

19 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

Flying from DFW I chose John Wayne airport due to  it being smaller than lax, Did I make a mistake?

Nope.

You made a great move. SNA is superior to LAX in every category. It has small, easy to navigate terminals, Uber and taxis right there and despite being further from Long Beach, probably faster from touch down to drop off at the ship than LAX would be.

• Like 1