Upgrade question when 3 in a stateroom

Gatrcruzer

So, now that I am 3 days out from my cruise I am finally getting the upgrade offer. We are a stateroom of 3, but when I am asked to put in the upgrade offer, it only allows for 2 and that is the total charge shown (there is no way to alter it). Does this mean that if I get the upgrade we will only be charged for 2 even though we are 3 in th stateroom? I have no experience with this system so it's a little confusing. I would be willing to pay the difference if it is for  two people, but not if it is going to be the same charge for 3, if that makes sense, so want to make sure before I bid. TBH, I doubt we have any chance of getting the upgrade because no staterooms are showing up in this category, so it is probably moot.

@Gatrcruzer For the upgrade offer you are correct - you put in a bid for the first two people in the cabin, but it is valid for everyone in the cabin.  So for a party of 3, you bid on 2.  Let's say $500 per person. If accepted you will pay $1000 which will cover ALL 3 of you in the party.

Just because you don't see any applicable cabins now doesn't mean that things won't change.  If the cruiseline has the chance to make more $ from you then they might bump up someone who bid on a higher category and go up the line that way. Good luck!

• Like 1

As a solo cruiser, would I pay just for one or would I pay double? Ex - If I bid $ 500 for an upgrade, would they bill me $ 500 or $ 1,000?  MSC has great solo rates, but I’m not sure how it would work bidding for an upgrade offer.

20 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

As a solo cruiser, would I pay just for one or would I pay double? Ex - If I bid $ 500 for an upgrade, would they bill me $ 500 or $ 1,000?  MSC has great solo rates, but I’m not sure how it would work bidding for an upgrade offer.

Solo pays double the upgrade bid

3 minutes ago, cherylnj said:

Solo pays double the upgrade bid

Interesting. They are charging 10% extra on the base fare for solo on my October cruise and 0% extra in January. 

Edited by JT1962

1 minute ago, JT1962 said:

Interesting. They are charging 10% extra for solo on my October cruise and 0% extra in January. 

They have great solo prices. It's a gotcha when the upgrade bidding comes around.