Russian ports

Hokapontas

We have a month long Viking and Baltic cruise in Sept.  SPB and 2 other ports were eliminated.  Couple of overnights with added in Edinburgh and Stockholm and Honfleur, France was added.  The cruise was fully booked but it appears many have cancelled.  We are happy with the changes and look forward to some great sightseeing.

Deb

Edited by nursinadream

23 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

We have a month long Viking and Baltic cruise in Sept.  SPB and 2 other ports were eliminated.  Couple of overnights with added in Edinburgh and Stockholm and Honfleur, France was added.  The cruise was fully booked but it appears many have cancelled.  We are happy with the changes and look forward to some great sightseeing.

Deb

You are right, its a great chance to extend your look at a port or to see unplanned cities. I have noticed some new ports in some of the cruises.

well...   what do you think about China  if they support Russia?      Would you sail to any Chinese port then?   Too Have you noticed a lot of avoiding  the Adriatic ports too?

According to some  China is poised to go into Tiwan this fall if Putin wins.....    It is a mess both places  .......what will YOU do???????

I will avoid any Russian or maybe even Chinese port or city  if they get involved.  I think most freedom loving people with half a heart will do get same. More importantly, Russia will be banned by the US government. China not so sure. How cruise lines scramble to find new ports and destinations will be a real challenge.

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

well...   what do you think about China  if they support Russia?      Would you sail to any Chinese port then?   Too Have you noticed a lot of avoiding  the Adriatic ports too?

According to some  China is poised to go into Tiwan this fall if Putin wins.....    It is a mess both places  .......what will YOU do???????

For me, having been to Russia and China in the past, absolutely not. That includes any Asian cruises that start or end in Hong Kong.  Round trip Singapore to Singapore anyone?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

For me, having been to Russia and China in the past, absolutely not. That includes any Asian cruises that start or end in Hong Kong.  Round trip Singapore to Singapore anyone?

We're booked on a great trip next year on Nautica that starts in Singapore and ends in Tokyo. Hoping that O alters the itinerary to eliminate Shanghai and maybe Hong Kong even thought we love the ports but not the politics.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, brittany12 said:

Lot of us feel that way.

China is clearly playing a game saying one thing and doing another. it always has..   In Business I learned that in the Asian philosophy.  you do what ever, say whatever  to win. is no different from what Russia is  doing.. Got that from  a high level State Dept guy  who was my seat mate SING-SFO some years back  ( Nicholas Burns to be exact)

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1