Booked for two, going on my own.

smd247

Sailing on the Majestic Princess next month. Should I call and let somebody know my cabin mate won't be joining or just show up? Do I get their taxes and port fees back either way? Any repercussions I should be aware of?

14 minutes ago, smd247 said:

Sailing on the Majestic Princess next month. Should I call and let somebody know my cabin mate won't be joining or just show up? Do I get their taxes and port fees back either way? Any repercussions I should be aware of?

You do know you'll now be responsible for the full cost of the cabin. If they paid their share, I'm not sure there will be any refund at this point. I can't say about taxes/port fees. I'd see what other responses you get from some who may have had this happen. Good luck.

If your companion doesn't show and misses the cruise, that's not your problem, Princess has their money, no single supplement applies.

If you notify Princess about a cancellation of your partner, you may be liable for the single supplement, usually 100%.

• Like 1

The port fees & taxes will be refunded to original form of payment. If you call and cancel them before the cruise, they can charge you the single supplement, they probably won't.

Best thing to do is just tell them once you board, the other person won't be cruising, if they aren't notified, guest services will call the cabin to see if they'll be boarding.

a lot of the recent majestic princess mexico cruises had NO single supplement so you might want to check on that....in fact there were several couples who booked two connecting rooms for the same price as a couple with one room..a smart move to give u twice the space for same total cost

Please keep me posted on what you did and any refunds. I am traveling in July and there is a good chance my husband may not be able to make it, but I am still planning on going with or without him. Hoping to at least get the taxes and port fees refunded if he can't make it last minuite.

Edited by youngkona