Covid Testing

Trig2018

We're on QM2 in April from Ft. Lauderdale to Soton via NY.  I had intended to book an excursion In NY but have now read that you need yet another Covid test to get off the ship! That's outrageous, we will only have been aboard for 3 days. What if you test positive!! They'll kick you off. We'll be spending the day on deck looking at the sights.

• Like 1

I do sympathize, but speaking as a resident of the state of NY who has had three shots and now has NO antibodies 5 months after the booster…I understand both sides.

I hope you can enjoy the day either way, but I really doesn’t seem like a huge hurdle if you’d rather go into the city.

1 hour ago, Trig2018 said:

We're on QM2 in April from Ft. Lauderdale to Soton via NY.  I had intended to book an excursion In NY but have now read that you need yet another Covid test to get off the ship! That's outrageous, we will only have been aboard for 3 days. What if you test positive!! They'll kick you off. We'll be spending the day on deck looking at the sights.

Trig,

Being a resident of the "Big Apple" I understand your want to enjoy city. Maybe us that live here take it for granted at times.

But at this time, our numbers are rising in the city and pre-concerns are of the new variant. This precaution is for your safety and those on board.

Hope you understand the policy and the concerns of the Line, City and operators of the excursions.

We were on QM2 Caribbean from 14th January  until 15th March. We chose to stay onboard in New York as we did on the outward leg of the second cruise except to go through Immigration as transit passengers.  Husband and son tested positive on Wednesday.  Heard tonight a friend onboard has tested positive as well.  Can only think someone  brought it onboard in New York.  It does not matter how careful you are and vigilant with mask wearing it can still get to you.

I think NY is getting a bad rap. The mask mandates and vaccine mandates ect. have been lifted for the most part. The percent positive testing is around 1.5%. I live here in NY and it was bad however now things are just about normal. NYS has a web site that will tell you the latest info down to the town.

Edited by hypercafe