Covid Testing Question - CLIA Number

Hello! Question about the covid testing protocol. The Royal website states:

• You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

My question is when checking in for your cruise do they look to see if your results are negative or do they actually look for the labs CLIA number? I have heard that some places do not print the CLIA number on covid testing results (only place I have gone has printed it but it is through work and they wont test for vacations) and I do not want to book a COVID test elsewhere and then be out of luck if it is not printed on the results page!

We wondered the same thing when we got the CVS Rapid Test because the report did not specify a CLIA number.  However, I saw multiple comments on this forum that it was accepted by Royal so we went with it  No one paid any attention to the report we had printed out except for the NEGATIVE printed at the top.

• Like 1

I was stressing about this very thing Friday. My results did not have it either. I looked up the lab’s CLIA number on the cdc website and printed that off just in case. Our test reports were checked 3 different times in port Canaveral and nobody questioned them.  

So, I always thought that the number was for the different pharmacy's or testing sites.  I use CVS and I just assumed that they knew it was a reputable place to get results so no further action was necessary.  If, again my assumption, you use John Doe's podunk lab, that's when they might question the testing facility practices.