Rapid antigen test place by the cruise port in San Diego

Kelownabccan

My sister.....a Canadian... is flying to San Diego in April for a cruise for 9 days to Mexico on HAL.......they fly down the day before......she is worried about getting the test done the day the cruise leaves.....is there time in the AM to get the test close by downtown.....I think they are staying close to the ship.....a few blocks away....???

6 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:

My sister.....a Canadian... is flying to San Diego in April for a cruise for 9 days to Mexico on HAL.......they fly down the day before......she is worried about getting the test done the day the cruise leaves.....is there time in the AM to get the test close by downtown.....I think they are staying close to the ship.....a few blocks away....???

Here are the options I have found (not used any of them):

1.Carbon at the airport, terminal 2 baggage claim.Sat and Sun 9-7, not sure of other days.  Pricing a bit confusing on their website, but I finally found a Rapid Antigen for $60.

2. Nsight at Sheraton Airport hotel.  Sat 7-2PM.  Closed Sunday.  $80 (10 minute results).

3. Covid Clinic on Ash at Third (less than a mile from pier).  Sat 10-8. Sun 8-4.  $129.

Sorry, did not write down M-F hours.

25 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:

Are you aware that HAL just moved to a 3 day requirement from 2?  Lots of information on the board about it - just scroll back a couple of pages.

Thanks ....will let her know to follow the blog......the 3 days does not really help and arriving the night before the cruise.....so has to be the am of the cruise leaving.......

I believe HAL has given the option of testing at pier for $100.  It must be pre-arranged.

Will get to follow up on this idea....

Not sure what the issue is here. At this point, your sister will need a rapid antigen test within a day of entry to the United States.   If she flies in the day before the cruise, that test will also be valid for boarding the ship. For example, if she receives a positive test on April 11, it is valid for her April 12 flight and for boarding the ship on April 13. The test to board must be done within 2 days of boarding if not boosted or within 3 days of boarding if boosted. 

21 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

Not sure what the issue is here. At this point, your sister will need a rapid antigen test within a day of entry to the United States.   If she flies in the day before the cruise, that test will also be valid for boarding the ship. For example, if she receives a positive test on April 11, it is valid for her April 12 flight and for boarding the ship on April 13. The test to board must be done within 2 days of boarding if not boosted or within 3 days of boarding if boosted. 

True.  Good point!

2 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I tested Friday, flew Saturday and boarded the Koningsdam Sunday.  No additional test required.  I am boosted but the "old" rules were still in place.

Reasonable suggestion.....what I told her.....need a test to get on the plane here to go to the states.....BUT......I think the test required to go on plane stops on April 1.....before the cruise date......she will have to check that out.....I know we can drive across and come back with no tests after April 1....but the plane????....interesting that it is not clear

9 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:

Reasonable suggestion.....what I told her.....need a test to get on the plane here to go to the states.....BUT......I think the test required to go on plane stops on April 1.....before the cruise date......she will have to check that out.....I know we can drive across and come back with no tests after April 1....but the plane????....interesting that it is not clear

I would love this to be true, but, I have not heard this.    The US requires it one day before flying in from another country.  I am waiting for this to be dropped as we have an international flight coming up.  The country I am flying into does not require it, but, flying back to the US does.  

10 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Thanks ....will let her know to follow the blog......the 3 days does not really help and arriving the night before the cruise.....so has to be the am of the cruise leaving.......

I believe HAL has given the option of testing at pier for $100.  It must be pre-arranged.

Will get to follow up on this idea....

We are Canadians and got off the Koningsdam on March 13, and on departure, HAL arranged for us to be tested at the pier so we could get back to Canada.  Your sister can use the same company to get tested to get on.  The name of the company that does the testing is called DocGo, and the website is https://docgo.com/cruiseguests/.

They start testing at the terminal at 10:00 am. She will have to set up an account to book the appointment.  It took 15 minutes after testing and they handed us a sheet with the test results on it, and they will text to you a link.  You go through the steps and then you have the QR code with the results.

L.

We used WeTestU.com. and were very pleased.  They charge $99 for a Rapid Antigen Test and for an additional single $49 charge (not per person) they will come to you or you can go to them about 15 minutes from downtown. They are the #1 rated Covid testing site on Google with over 500 5 star reviews.  I don't know anything about the Canadian health care system but we were able to submit the paid bill to our US insurance company and were reimbursed for the entire amount.