Pre-booking speciality restaurants - Don't panic!

TheycallmeDrew

Others may know this but maybe forgot like I did! When going in to pre-book my speciality restaurants today I was surprised and concerned that some restaurants were booked for the whole week. I immediately thought it was because everyone is getting the free at sea packages. 

I contacted NCL because I was wondering what would happen to our pre-paid gratuities for the restaurants if we couldn't get in. What I found out is once on board you don't get those fees back but on the bright side they are only pre-booking the restaurants up to 30% of the available space with the rest available once on board.

So I should be able to move my reservations once on board but just remember if you don't use them you still lose your gratuities you paid for package.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

If you want Ocean Blue on the Breakaway then be sure to book it prior or at a minimum as soon as you get on board. We booked late and Ocean Blue was completely booked. We tried everyday and they just kept saying "no availability" on the app.

Seafood not an option for me but I would feel the same for Cagney's!

We got the "speciality dining" as part of our package but have questions:

1) How do you pre-book speciality dining? Call, online, app.....?

2) How far in advance can we pre-book?

3) Is the "dining service charge" price listed on our package just a price to get into the restaurant, and we won't need to worry about any more payment? Or, will we need to pay more once at the restaurant? (I'm assuming it's the latter...)

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

3) Is the "dining service charge" price listed on our package just a price to get into the restaurant, and we won't need to worry about any more payment? Or, will we need to pay more once at the restaurant? (I'm assuming it's the latter...)

Thanks!

If you go to NCL.com and log in you can see your cruise. You can select a specialty restaurant and it will prompt you for a date, a time and number in your party. I am not sure how far in advance but I think it is at least 21 days. 

With latitudes rewards or the packages you get apps, 1 entree and dessert, tea and coffee included. With platinum rewards you also get a bottle of wine. With the free at sea package you will have to pay the gratuities up front. 

The restaurants are a la carte (except Moderno I believe) so you are not paying to get in. Even without a package you can go to the speciality dining and just pay the price on the menu.

Hope that answers your questions.  

Restaurant reservations open 120 days out (slightly earlier if in Club Suite or above, or for higher latitudes levels)/ However there some cruises, such as European ones, where they aren't available at all in advance.

Teppanyaki is also a fixed fee, as well as Moderno.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

Thanks!

1- Fastest way to book is online, but as the OP stated they only allow so many advance reservations.

2- I am pretty sure restaurants can be booked 120 days out Suites and Haven are 130 days out.

3- You get an appetizer, main meal, and desert.  You also prepaid the tips so there is nothing that will be billed unless you get drinks and do not have the drink package.

3 hours ago, jlabs03 said:

3- You get an appetizer, main meal, and desert.  You also prepaid the tips so there is nothing that will be billed unless you get drinks and do not have the drink package.

Appetizers and desserts are not limited. You can order multiples if you wish.

5 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

Thanks!

You have plenty of answers to your first 2 questions. I'm only going to address #3. 
The dining service charge on your bill is the gratuities on the package they gave you. You will technically not have any further charges UNLESS you get liquor (or a coffee drink) that is not included in your beverage package (assuming you kept that option) or you order something on the menu that has a supplemental charge, which is clearly listed on the menu. It will look like this: 
JUMBO LUMP CRAB CAKE.....$19
Radish Salad | Lemon Mustard Cream ($5 Dining Package Supplement)
So in this case they will bill $5 to your room if you order it. Not very many items have a supplement, so don't worry. It's easy to avoid the extra charges. There's plenty of choices. 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, KeithJenner said:

Restaurant reservations open 120 days out (slightly earlier if in Club Suite or above, or for higher latitudes levels)/ However there some cruises, such as European ones, where they aren't available at all in advance.

Teppanyaki is also a fixed fee, as well as Moderno.

Thank for this.  I'm on the cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen on 8 May and haven't been able to book any restaurants.  This must be why.