Hawaii cruise in January?

trvlwrld

we did LA to Hawai'i this January & except for the first & last 2 days, I thought it was lovely on the balcony (pretty much the same as our April 2019 cuise of the same itinerary)...but I am used to Southern CA weather not AZ any longer so you might feel differently about it.

3 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Can someone tell me what the weather will be like cruising from San Diego to Hawaii in January...warm enough to sit on the balcony?

Yes -- usually after the first couple of days and before the last couple of days.

We cruised in February--it was definitely cooler and windier than we expected on the crossing.  We enjoyed the time in Hawaii, but I'm not sure we'd do it again because of all the sea days and weather.  And we normally love sea days.  We've done 5 transatlalntics.

Of course, no one can predict what weather will be like very far ahead of time.

14 hours ago, skynight said:

Not tropical the first 2 days. Still warm enough to sit outside weather permitting. Have experienced choppy seas sailing to Hawaii. Weather normally turns tropical on the 3rd day once you cross the Tropic of Cancer.

Agree with above poster.  We were on the GRAND on its first Hawaii cruise last January and weather was very nice close to Hawaii.  

We’re going in July on the Sapphire.  I’m expecting nice weather the entire way.  Is that being unrealistic?  We went quite a few years ago in October and it was as everyone said; after first two days it was nice.