Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

47 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I agree. I’m in the very front and it’s not bad to me. Gentle rocking is the perfect way to describe.

Of course, some may feel it feels like it’s 30ft swells...lol

The Top Tier event was a bit confusing. App said D+ and Pins, but Compass said Plat and above. They were checking cards, so I guess it was Plat and above. I don’t usually attend. It was pretty uneventful. I think people like the free drinks, but after a couple of Dirty Martinis last night, I wasn’t quite up for alcohol at 10am...getting to old, I guess.

Yep…Top Tier event was underwhelming.  But, at least we got free mimosas!😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has it warmed up this afternoon?  If the forecast holds next week, I will be leaving a high of 96° and after cruising gets started wake up to 39°. 🥶 

It is beautiful and sunny but says 43 air temp right now. It’s warm on the ship. I’m in short sleeve Tshirt and sandals. You will definitely feel the chill in port. I’m pretty used to these temps, so I just brought sweatshirts and a fleece jacket.

If you have a weather app, put in the port cities and check right up until you leave. It should be pretty close.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

It is beautiful and sunny but says 43 air temp right now. It’s warm on the ship. I’m in short sleeve Tshirt and sandals. You will definitely feel the chill in port. I’m pretty used to these temps, so I just brought sweatshirts and a fleece jacket.

If you have a weather app, put in the port cities and check right up until you leave. It should be pretty close.

Yep…warm inside the ship.  Walking around in shorts, sweatshirt right now.  A bit chilly outside, but not too bad.  

Beautiful Day!

Performers practicing in 270!

5FC22BDF-672D-497A-A99F-05C5C0EBA2A1.jpeg

F5A65AF7-8299-4294-8659-A4F7C44D7717.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Just happened to look out window today and saw a couple of whale blows. They didn’t come up, but at least got it on video.

It is 8:50 pm and still bright as can be outside.

Very cool!!!!

New day….sunny for Sitka.  Got some sort of tour later on, but first…yesterday!

Jamie’s for Dinner…I’m 1st gen Italian American!.  My Mother’s and Grandmother’s cooking is my baseline.  So, I’m coming in with, not high expectations, but probably more critical than most.  The claim to fame was all ingredients are fresh and/or freshly made. Pretty big stretch!

Fried calamari seemed like it could have been taken from a freezer box and “pre-fried”.

But, the pasta was undercooked.  Not al-dente, but literally “crunchy”!  Salad was fresh and well dressed.  Chicken on top was over cooked and dry!

Polenta bites…the side dish… we’re the best part of the meal!

In brief, it was good.  Not, what they represented it to be.

In the other hand, service was outstanding!

4F5FDFBB-DD37-47C1-A24A-6F85A258A49F.jpeg

C2AA2BED-E07A-42DE-894D-27A3C6B7C64E.jpeg

62A6C47A-BF1B-4EC5-B58B-73BFBF464A5B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The BIG show….LIVE, LOVE, LEGS!  It was supposed to be for adults only.  Frankly, there’s more skin at the pools!

If there was a plot, it missed me!  Seemed it was just a series of dance numbers.   I guess if you are a fan of the breathy, auto tune singing, it would have been entertaining.

Maybe of I were 19 y.o. I would have viewed it differently.  Clearly, I wasn’t the target audience!

Also heard no shows in 270 this cruise.  Bummer!

Royal’s entertainment has in the past been among the top of the heap.  This time?  Meh! (So far).

Make no mistake, I’m having a fab time.  Call what I see, hear, taste!

8488C70F-4944-4478-9DBF-D2D5343C3C5E.jpeg

94EEB4DF-C925-472B-AC98-2CF8F3747815.jpeg

7F44F6E4-76C5-461C-9BCD-4E10513846F7.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Thanks so much for sharing! We’re on the May 27th sailing. I sure hope the 270 shows come back. I was really looking forward to it! 

Do you know what capacity is? Sorry if I missed it. 

Asked a couple of crew.  Consensus seems to be 4,000 guests!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Sorry, one more question! Do you know if Seattle has priority boarding for all suites or just GS an above? We’re in a junior suite 🙂 

I was in a JS last year on Ovation out of Seattle and I did get priority boarding.  Enjoy.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to believe (at least for me) that I’ve been able to not pay for drinks yet with only my 4 Diamond vouchers.

Part of it is luck…a Buck here…a Buck there to a favorite bartender has netted me a couple Buffalo Trace doubles instead of singles…a beer here, a beer there (stashing extras in the cabin fridge).  

Brought the Starbucks coffee packets with me .  Room steward chased down some milk cartons and put them in the fridge for me.  Brought my own Stevia.  Making in room lattes with the tea kettle.

So far so good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Who needs shows when you have this!

BBB32CC3-E781-46FA-9625-DD145C540403.jpeg

Where is this photo taken?  On the way to Sitka?  We're on Serenade in a few weeks and Sitka is the first stop. I want to know when/where to look out for this amazing site.