Summit vs Equinox

zackarykeef

8 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Thank you all for all your input! We booked concierge class on the Equinox, 8-day for this July. Really looking forward to our first X cruise! Can’t wait for Murano 🥰

Great decision (although you couldn't make a bad one). Enjoy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Thank you all for all your input! We booked concierge class on the Equinox, 8-day for this July. Really looking forward to our first X cruise! Can’t wait for Murano 🥰

Nice! You'll enjoy it! 

Btw, Equinox and Edge class are very similar in size. Equinox has the greater variety of venues as well, along with better outdoor spaces imho. 

Was just on the Summit in Feb and the Equinox in March.  I kinda liked the Oceanview cafe on the Summit better than the Equinox.  Just like the OC configuration better on the Summit.  Everything else is just a scaled up or scaled down version depending on the ship but otherwise the same setup.

The nice thing about the Equinox is that the bumped us up from a inside on deck 3 to a balcony on deck 8.  They completely closed down deck 3 and 6 and gave everyone a free upgrade.

I should mention that the Equinox is showing it's age. We had mechanical problems which delayed leaving for about 12 hours and getting late to our first port. They had problems including one of the elevators being down the rest of the 12 night cruise but no more delays that couldn't be made up.

We are back on the Summit in August but that's because of the itinerary.  If I had to chose between the Summit and Equinox for my first X cruise I would chose the one with the best itinerary.

Edited by mac66