How long for FCCs to be applied?

Izzywiz

We are due to have a FCC applied to our account after being put in isolation on our cruise in January. It is 10 weeks since our return.  I contacted P&O after 7 weeks and again last week and was promised that we should see the amount in our account within a few days but no luck yet. Has anyone had a speedier resolution?

We have been unable to sail tomorrow and have been told 10 days. They refused to accept a booking from my Auntie yesterday as her FCC isn't official. She's very upset as her insurance company were holding over her £168 policy for a week to allow her to rebook so she's losing that unless her agent or I can force P&Os hand.

They refused me the right to use my half too and insisted my deposit was paid in cash.

16 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

We have been unable to sail tomorrow and have been told 10 days. They refused to accept a booking from my Auntie yesterday as her FCC isn't official. She's very upset as her insurance company were holding over her £168 policy for a week to allow her to rebook so she's losing that unless her agent or I can force P&Os hand.

They refused me the right to use my half too and insisted my deposit was paid in cash.

That seems very mean.  We cancelled our Baltic which had five port days altered and received a refund via our agent within a couple of days, so I do not see why a FCC should cause that much problem.  Did either of you try persisting further to "force P&O's hand", and if so, any movement?

On 3/31/2022 at 6:07 PM, Izzywiz said:

We are due to have a FCC applied to our account after being put in isolation on our cruise in January. It is 10 weeks since our return.  I contacted P&O after 7 weeks and again last week and was promised that we should see the amount in our account within a few days but no luck yet. Has anyone had a speedier resolution?

Did you test positive or close contact? Do they pay FCC,  for cabin confinement even if your close contact or do you have to have a positive test, ?

My DH tested positive but I was negative. We were both moved from our booked cabin and put in separate cabins in the isolation area. As I said in my original post, we got home in mid January but have still not had our FCC applied despite several telephone conversations. I'm assuming that we both get FCCs but won’t know until the credits appear in our account. I wanted to book a cruise using the credits but wouldn’t  commit until someone at P&O can tell me the value and how much longer I will have to wait. 

13 hours ago, Izzywiz said:

My DH tested positive but I was negative. We were both moved from our booked cabin and put in separate cabins in the isolation area. As I said in my original post, we got home in mid January but have still not had our FCC applied despite several telephone conversations. I'm assuming that we both get FCCs but won’t know until the credits appear in our account. I wanted to book a cruise using the credits but wouldn’t  commit until someone at P&O can tell me the value and how much longer I will have to wait. 

How annoying you've had to wait so long, hope you stay well and soon enjoy another cruise

Time for some happy news! Pleased to say our 1st April cancellation FCC has been allocated and my aunt and I have booked ourselves on Iona on 8th October.  Extremely helpful representative on the telephone.

Interestingly another operator who said don't book a balcony Saver on Iona because your 95% certain to get deck 8.  We've taken an oceanview on this occasion.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Time for some happy news! Pleased to say our 1st April cancellation FCC has been allocated and my aunt and I have booked ourselves on Iona on 8th October.

Great to hear your FCC came through and that you have booked another cruise to the Canaries. 

We have booked on Britannia for this October also using the FCC from the same cancelled Aurora cruise. 

Hope we both have better luck next time round!

• Like 1

So glad that you have got your FCCs credited so quickly Megabear2. We have friends that were denied boarding last Monday when one tested positive at Southampton and they had a letter saying they would get their FCCs within 7 days.
Unfortunately we are still waiting……84 days and 6 phone calls later. I was very happy with the way that we were treated during our isolation but I’m becoming increasingly frustrated with this lack of customer service as I would like to book a specific cruise using the FFCs while there is still an offer in place….sorry about the rant!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

So glad that you have got your FCCs credited so quickly Megabear2. We have friends that were denied boarding last Monday when one tested positive at Southampton and they had a letter saying they would get their FCCs within 7 days.
Unfortunately we are still waiting……84 days and 6 phone calls later. I was very happy with the way that we were treated during our isolation but I’m becoming increasingly frustrated with this lack of customer service as I would like to book a specific cruise using the FFCs while there is still an offer in place….sorry about the rant!!

I'm very sorry to hear this, particularly as you were so patient with them.  I hope they sort it soon so you can take advantage of the offer. 

• Like 2