Sailing from Canada test question

I, too, am on a cruise that arrives in Victoria 3 days after embarkation.  I filled out the ArriveCAN forms online as far as I could go.  I planned to use my phone when arriving in Victoria as I won't have cell or wifi on the ship.  May have to purchase wifi.

38 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Regarding the 72-hour rule...We will be on a cruise ship sailing to Vancouver 3 days prior to arrival.  Will not have cell service at sea - only wifi (if it works).  Does anyone know how this situation might be handled?  Thinking that we will have to do the ArriveCAN app upon arrival in Vancouver.

you can fill out the ArriveCan app before you leave.  Just put the arrival time of ship docking in Vancouver.   it's a 3 day cruise which is 72 hrs

15 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

For Seattle round trip itineraries that visit Victoria do we need to do the ArriveCAN app or is that only for cruises that embark or disembark in Canada?  Thanks.

You need the to fill out the ArriveCan app anytime you enter Canada.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, senior lady said:

"Within 72 hours of embarkation" per Princess website.  Sigh.  Would have been so much easier to have just bypassed Canada again this year.  I love Canada, they're our Washington neighbor, but there are more hoops now than when we cruised in September at the height of a variant.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, senior lady said:

Thanks, that's what we thought.

25 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Would have been so much easier to have just bypassed Canada again this year.  

We were hoping for the same as well.  Especially since it is such a short visit to Victoria, we are planning on staying on the ship anyways.

Edited by JeffT237
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Thanks, that's what we thought.

We were hoping for the same as well.  Especially since it is such a short visit to Victoria, we are planning on staying on the ship anyways.

Yeah we never disembark there, Dad's in a wheelchair and it's too much for him for such a short visit.  Even in Alaska we can only manage 1 or 2 excursions....at 84 years old it's more about having a change of scenery, Alaska is a fine choice for people that have to be mostly confined to the ship, at least there's a lot to look at. 

36 minutes ago, atexsix said:

"Within 72 hours of embarkation" per Princess website.  Sigh.  Would have been so much easier to have just bypassed Canada again this year.  I love Canada, they're our Washington neighbor, but there are more hoops now than when we cruised in September at the height of a variant.

way less "hoops" now.  You don't need to have a negative test to come across the border.  The ArriveCan  app has always been there.     It's not hard to fill out.  I just did one now for a short trip across the border to check on my trailer in Skagit that I haven't been able to use for 2 yrs.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, senior lady said:

way less "hoops" now.  You don't need to have a negative test to come across the border.  The ArriveCan  app has always been there.     It's not hard to fill out.  I just did one now for a short trip across the border to check on my trailer in Skagit that I haven't been able to use for 2 yrs.   

We've flown into Quebec, Montreal, & Vancouver for Princess cruises over the years. Have never had to use arriveCan. Our flight into Vancouver from Dallas & the cruise out of Vancouver in May will be the 1st cruise ever requiring it.

Canadian forum has a new post April 1/22 saying antigen now 2 days prior. Princess update March 31/22 says antigen test within one day prior. Keep an eye on this. Could change for the better.

• Like 1

Antigen test 2 days prior would make it work perfectly for us. Fingers crossed. 

Looking at the official Canada websites though (at least as of March 31 update which is the most recent I can find online) the antigen test must be within 1 day of start of cruise and molecular test must be within 72 hours of your cruise. We shall see. A lot can happen in the next 2 months. 

Edited by erber
  • Like 2

HOW do I fill in the vaccination info in ArriveCAN?  It asks when my first shot was done. I hit the field but it won't let me enter the info manually - it automagically goes to a calendar.  I scroll back to February 2, 2021 and hit Enter. It automagically fills in 2/2/22.  I thought I must have done something wrong so I backed out and it let me remove all my info. I started over (which meant having to scan my passport again) and it still fills in the field with 2022 no matter what I do. I freaking despise crappy programming. Can anybody tell me how to get the stupid field to accept the proper date?

4 hours ago, atexsix said:

payback for all the hoops we have had to jump through taking cruises out of the USA over the winter 😁😁

• Like 1

Okay... It "appears" that I can put the info into the web version. Whether it will transfer over to the app is yet to be seen. Crossing my fingers. I got partway into the web version and it hung up on me so I'll try it yet again. This is really frustrating the heck out of me.

2 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

payback for all the hoops we have had to jump through taking cruises out of the USA over the winter 😁😁

😁🤣 I thought of that.  Politics were a lot of it.  The two countries retaliating against one another for minor things, like a playground spat. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Okay... It "appears" that I can put the info into the web version. Whether it will transfer over to the app is yet to be seen. Crossing my fingers. I got partway into the web version and it hung up on me so I'll try it yet again. This is really frustrating the heck out of me.

What did you enter for your quarantine plan? Can we put our cruiseship? I'll have to fill it out in May.

4 hours ago, erber said:

Antigen test 2 days prior would make it work perfectly for us. Fingers crossed. 

Looking at the official Canada websites though (at least as of March 31 update which is the most recent I can find online) the antigen test must be within 1 day of start of cruise and molecular test must be within 72 hours of your cruise. We shall see. A lot can happen in the next 2 months. 

Staring April 1st as long as you are fully vaccinated you don't need any test to come to canada 

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

We've flown into Quebec, Montreal, & Vancouver for Princess cruises over the years. Have never had to use arriveCan. Our flight into Vancouver from Dallas & the cruise out of Vancouver in May will be the 1st cruise ever requiring it.

Have you flown into Canada since covid?   That's when it started

. If you are flying or driving into Canada and there is no cruise involved, no testing is required. However, you need testing if you will be on a cruise that either starts, has Canadian ports, or ends in Canada