Unvaccinated kids 11 and under no longer need Carnival excursion to get off?!

Abr155

That's what it appears to be, subject to the restrictions listed. However, there is still this a little further down:

• In the event you choose not to purchase a Carnival tour, unvaccinated guests will have to remain on board.
  • If your cruise visits a private port of call, such as Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays, unvaccinated guests may go ashore on their own or purchase any of our tours.

Obviously conflicting rules which need Carnival to clarify and update some more.

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That's what it appears to be, subject to the restrictions listed. However, there is still this a little further down:

• In the event you choose not to purchase a Carnival tour, unvaccinated guests will have to remain on board.
  • If your cruise visits a private port of call, such as Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays, unvaccinated guests may go ashore on their own or purchase any of our tours.

Obviously conflicting rules which need Carnival to clarify and update some more.

Yep! They need to add “12 and older” after “unvaccinated guests” in the first bullet. 

Edited by Abr155

10 minutes ago, scottamemnon said:

I sure hope this means we can take our 1 year old into port in July now!  I was completely prepared to keep a parent on board with him, but this would be awesome news if we can take him out for a stroll!

According to everything I’m reading, you’ll be good to get off with him without Carnival excursion assuming you’re vaccinated! 

Oh my gosh this is the best news ever! We had wanted to just do a beach day in Grand Turk and a pool day at Amber Cove. We really didn’t want to book an excursion in those ports.

I wonder if I should keep the scheduled excursions that we have just in case? We cruise January. Our twins will be 4 and unvaccinated unless something changes. 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Apparently this is now the case. Just note that some ports might have tighter restrictions that need to be adhered to.

Do you know if there’s a list of ports with stricter regulations? I’m guessing San Juan may be one of them, but we were likely considering an excursion here anyways. 

12 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Do you know if there’s a list of ports with stricter regulations? I’m guessing San Juan may be one of them, but we were likely considering an excursion here anyways. 

The list is now on Carnival site with the updated restrictions.