Sky or Enchanted?

suzyed

12 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Pretty similar ships. Enchanted is just a bit newer.  If you like one you will probably like the other. 

Did I hear there is not a Vines Wine Bar on Enchanted?

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Did I hear there is not a Vines Wine Bar on Enchanted?

Enchanted and Discovery have replaced Vines with the Salty Dog Gastro Pub. Good Spirits has moved to deck 5 adjacent to the International Cafe and Bellinis has moved to deck 7, and the Ocean Terrace seafood bar to deck 6, which I think is a smart change of location for all 3 of these venues. They also have Crooners which Sky does not. I’ll take a Crooners over Vines any day hands down!  To me these changes make Enchanted/Discovery superior to Sky overall.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

17 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Enchanted and Discovery have replaced Vines with the Salty Dog Gastro Pub. Good Spirits has moved to deck 5 adjacent to the International Cafe and Bellinis has moved to deck 7, and the Ocean Terrace seafood bar to deck 6, which I think is a smart change of location for all 3 of these venues. They also have Crooners which Sky does not. I’ll take a Crooners over Vines any day hands down!  To me these changes make Enchanted/Discovery superior to Sky overall.

Close call but I agree.  Wife was very disappointed at the lack of Vies, especially as we'd just had a great experience with Vines on the 20+ year old Grand.  Loved Sky.  Couldn't care less about Salty Dog (overpriced and uninspired beer selection). Loved the locations of Bellinis and seafood bar. And the clincher...the lack of Vines "forced" us to discover the Crown Grill bar, where they served great cocktails and decent wines.  And the early evening atmosphere (live music, couches, carpet) was a little nicer than Vines, where all the noise and activity from the Piazza intruded. Side note: if you're bothered by flickering lights, watch out for the Crown Grill bar on Enchanted - the shipyard apparently installed the wrong bulbs and I was told they can't be replaced until the next drydock!  Seems odd....