Still, Alert on Checkin....... "Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced"

runningtide

On 4/2/2022 at 1:16 PM, laslomas said:

I know how annoying it is to keep seeing that message, but I don't mind waiting just a bit longer for Celebrity to provide the information for my May 2nd European cruise. I hope that by delaying for a while the requirements could be relaxed a bit. It would make it much easier as many of the EU country rules are no longer requiring testing now.  

And if they posted them now and they then had to change them, we'd have a whole other thread going.  

• Like 1

I'm on the Beyond April 27... no updates yet and just heard we need to fill out a form/potentially test for Spain. I ordered tests from emed to use when in the UK prior to boarding and to use for our flight home to the US. They come in packs of 6 so if we need to test for Spain - I guess I am prepared. 🙂  It would be nice if they make a decision so we can plan. Regardless, super excited for this trip and to experience the Beyond!

My main concern is any “additional “ requirements may be announced to late for passengers in early May to implement. As an example, Boosters shots, like other vaccines, have to be administered several weeks before boarding to be valid. So if you sail the first week of May, passengers without Booster shots may not be able to qualify.

In truth, I doubt the cruise industry will start requiring additional vaccination requirements unless there is major change in infection rates, which at this point, is not the case in US.  But…who knows what Celebrity will do. I just wish they would either extend the present protocols, or announce the change in policy soon.

All the best ……See you on the next tack !

8 minutes ago, runningtide said:

My main concern is any “additional “ requirements may be announced to late for passengers in early May to implement. As an example, Boosters shots, like other vaccines, have to be administered several weeks before boarding to be valid. So if you sail the first week of May, passengers without Booster shots may not be able to qualify.

In truth, I doubt the cruise industry will start requiring additional vaccination requirements unless there is major change in infection rates, which at this point, is not the case in US.  But…who knows what Celebrity will do. I just wish they would either extend the present protocols, or announce the change in policy soon.

All the best ……See you on the next tack !

I would count on that requirement to be similar to what was announced for the TA's.

Guests who are either more than 9 months (270 days) from their final vaccine dose OR have not been boosted will be subject to additional testing onboard at their expense based on destination requirements. These tests will cost $42 per person, per test. Depending upon your sailing’s itinerary, multiple mid-cruise tests may be required based on the destinations visited. We have created a destination testing advisory chart for your sailing that you can access here:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/transatlantic-travel-requirements.pdf

• Like 1

According to the ABC news last night, COVID infection rates are again rising.   Very young children are increasingly being hospitalized.   They need to approve the vaccine for infants so we don’t have young children in the hospital for COVID.    The vaccines and boosters will at least keep most people from getting so ill.   I imagine we will be living with evolving rules for the rest of the year.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:49 PM, louise1809 said:

We will have a problem if we need a test one day before boarding for our cruise May 2nd, as they day before is not only a Sunday, but also a public holiday in Italy. If they require a supervised test we will struggle to find a pharmacy open. Hoping they provide them free of charge at the ship, as are most other cruise lines currently in Europe. 

We will be on the same cruise and talked to the Celebrity office in Frankfurt, Germany today. They said we will most likely need a normal test in a place that provides the European covid test certificate. Here in Germany you can have the tests also on sundays and public holidays. It might be similar in Italy, at least at the airport in Rome.

5 hours ago, MBP1 said:

I think any changes would result in reduced requirements to sail not more. The world is opening back up, many places are getting rid of Covid rules, its only a matter of time before the cruise industry does the same. 

True. Here quarantine when tested positive will not be mandatory anymore as per May 1st. It will then only be recommended (exeption: personell in hospitals).

11 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

We will be on the same cruise and talked to the Celebrity office in Frankfurt, Germany today. They said we will most likely need a normal test in a place that provides the European covid test certificate. Here in Germany you can have the tests also on sundays and public holidays. It might be similar in Italy, at least at the airport in Rome.

Thanks, we are arriving into Rome on 30th April, hoping we will not need to return to the airport on the Sunday as we only had the one day to sight see. 
Fingers crossed we can perhaps do tests that we purchase in advance and take in the Hotel. 

15 minutes ago, louise1809 said:

Thanks, we are arriving into Rome on 30th April, hoping we will not need to return to the airport on the Sunday as we only had the one day to sight see. 
Fingers crossed we can perhaps do tests that we purchase in advance and take in the Hotel. 

I am sure you find a place to get tested on sunday. A lot of pharmacies in Rome open on Sundays. I keep my fingers crossed for you. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louise1809 said:

We are staying in Venice for a cruise in May.  I plan to email the hotel to find a testing location nearby.  If they don't have any suggestions this website provides testing locations around the world.

https://testfortravel.com/

• Like 1