Medallion App Passport Picture Change

cruisingberger

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to change your expired Passport picture for the new one on Medallion App? Called Princess and they only know how to change the Profile picture, not the Passport Picture. I was transferred to a few people who just kept passing me around. I finally hung up and came here. I figure you guys probably use Medallion app more then they do and have more real information.

Thanks in advance!

When I got a new passport, in the medallion app travel docs you can edit the information. So I deleted my old passport.  Then I uploaded the new one. I did this over a year ago but recall it was pretty straightforward.

If you are talking about your security photo, I think that can similarly be edited in the app.  

Edited by erber
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This can now also be done (sometimes) on the website under the check in section, because for some the MC app doesn't work right yet. 🤣 As we all know, not all the bugs are worked out completely yet.

On 4/3/2022 at 1:39 PM, cruisingberger said:

Does anyone know how to change your expired Passport picture for the new one on Medallion App?

Do you *really* mean the "Passport Picture" or do you mean the Security Picture?  When I renewed my passport I just deleted the old and uploaded the new...but that's more than just a picture.  If @erberhas it right (security photo) do as they suggest...just upload a new one.  It *should* replace the old one.

If it really is the passport picture it should be no problem. When I first setup the app it wouldn't work for me so I entered all of my passport info manually. Later I wanted to try again so I simply deleted my passport info but, once again, it wouldn't scan for me. The third time was the charm and both of our passports scanned in fine. The point is that it is easy to simply delete the passport info and do it again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

If it really is the passport picture it should be no problem. When I first setup the app it wouldn't work for me so I entered all of my passport info manually. Later I wanted to try again so I simply deleted my passport info but, once again, it wouldn't scan for me. The third time was the charm and both of our passports scanned in fine. The point is that it is easy to simply delete the passport info and do it again.

3rd time wasn't a charm for me....nor the 4th 5th 6th or 7th  🤣 I even went as far as going to a dark room where there was no light to reflect off of my passport, still says there is a reflection 🤣 I'll let them do it at the port 😏

23 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

3rd time wasn't a charm for me....nor the 4th 5th 6th or 7th  🤣 I even went as far as going to a dark room where there was no light to reflect off of my passport, still says there is a reflection 🤣 I'll let them do it at the port 😏

Good plan. Of course the app did originally let me enter all of my passport info manually. Apparently it didn't really need the picture. No sense beating your head against the wall though.

Originally nothing worked for me in the app so I sent my info to the devs and it got fixed. These days the app works flawlessly for me. I'll have to see how it works on the ship but everything pre-cruise seem to work great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Good plan. Of course the app did originally let me enter all of my passport info manually. Apparently it didn't really need the picture. No sense beating your head against the wall though.

Originally nothing worked for me in the app so I sent my info to the devs and it got fixed. These days the app works flawlessly for me. I'll have to see how it works on the ship but everything pre-cruise seem to work great.

Yeah I was able to do the manual entry, just doesn't show the photo, if that matters they can deal with it. 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moondogy said:

Yeah I was able to do the manual entry, just doesn't show the photo, if that matters they can deal with it. 😆

I tried multiple times to scan my passport and it failed every time until... I read a post here on CC that said the "bar" on the scanning page would turn red. I flailed around with my phone until I saw a red bar (can't remember exactly as it's been quite some time) and voila! I did my wife's passport next and it was much faster. I don't know why Princess (and the app) don't say anything about this but that's what worked for me.

• Like 1