Max Cap yet?

sullyd

Booked on the Silhouette for Oct (Spain and Canary Islands).  Currently showing that all Veranda, Concierge and Aqua cabins are sold out.  No idea how many ocean view or inside cabins remain nor do I know how many will be blocked for quarantine use but would be surprised if the ship is not at 70+ capacity. 

7 minutes ago, RickT said:

Booked on the Silhouette for Oct (Spain and Canary Islands).  Currently showing that all Veranda, Concierge and Aqua cabins are sold out.  No idea how many ocean view or inside cabins remain nor do I know how many will be blocked for quarantine use but would be surprised if the ship is not at 70+ capacity. 

Often TA's secure large blocks of rooms at a reduced group rate for sale to individual clients at a more attractive fare.  This could result in categories showing as sold out when in fact they aren't.  The TA has to release any unsold staterooms by a certain date and they then go back into inventory with the category then showing availability. 

Also the cruise line may not have released all available inventory for sale, perhaps as when they are released they will be at an adjusted category fare.  And the amount of quarantine staterooms I would think would be a relatively low percentage. 

Just saying that there often are reasons that categories may show as sold out when in fact there is capacity ultimately available. And by October it could very well be booked at the level you suggest.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

39 minutes ago, dgoz said:

Jamielogical or Den--can't quite remember. One of them went to a cite that tracks this I think.

The reason I as is the cruise lines don't typically publish or release this information, other than on board.  Not sure how any site could accurately have this data in advance of a sailing date. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The reason I as is the cruise lines don't typically publish or release this information, other than on board.  Not sure how any site could accurately have this data in advance of a sailing date. 

agree, they do not.  From time of booking to sailing a lot changes, cancellations, people not wanting to deal with testing etc.  At the end of the day, to me, it matters not a whit

• Like 1