Not Allowed Things I need for Rome

If you really MUST take a steamer (who the heck wants to de-wrinkle their clothes on vacation???), I would pack it in a separate clear bag (like a gallon Ziploc bag) with a card with your info on it (name, address, phone) and place it in your carry-on bag.  

If it gets noticed in the X-ray machine, they will take you over to a security desk and log it in, and give you a receipt for the item.  When you get off the ship at the end of the cruise, there will be a table with a security officer with all the confiscated items, and you can retrieve your item there.

Putting it in a bag will help to keep the cord neatly stored and prevent it from bumping up against goodness knows what else is in the box of contraband. 

But seriously, try to do without it.  Life is too short to do laundry on vacation.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Wear clothes with a wrinkle or two, no one else cares. 

My solution when traveling is to wear wrinkle free clothes when traveling. That means shirts that are labled performance. They are a blend of cotton and polyester. Different bands. For pants annd shorts I wear a brand called Prana,, made with stretch zion fabric.  Unpack them and no wrinkles. I got them for hiking and travel, so comfortable I wear them all the time now.

Edited by Charles4515