Venus Explorer Suite question

HollyJ614

Anyone have thoughts on FWD or AFT Explorer Suite on Venus??  Is there any vibration or loud noises heard in an Aft Explorer???  Trying to pick one!

Thank you

Edited by HollyJ614

23 minutes ago, HollyJ614 said:

Anyone have thoughts on FWD or AFT Explorer Suite on Venus??  Is there any vibration or loud noises heard in an Aft Explorer???  Trying to pick one!

Thank you

I can tell you in a couple weeks. We have an aft suite in May…My research from others disclosed no negatives, and the view from the balcony has got to be incredible. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Floater67 said:

I can tell you in a couple weeks. We have an aft suite in May…My research from others disclosed no negatives, and the view from the balcony has got to be incredible. 

10 minutes ago, Floater67 said:

Had an aft suite on Sky and no noise or anything other than fantastic views off the aft balcony.  Very quiet location and excellent service.   I even enjoyed the somewhat long walk to the forward elevators as I needed the exercise while on my way to eat more food.  Try the pool grille hot dogs....they are amazing and the biggest hot dogs I have ever seen...plus the onion rings are to die for.   Enjoy that aft cabin and the views you will have.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Camden lady said:

Had an aft suite on Sky and no noise or anything other than fantastic views off the aft balcony.  Very quiet location and excellent service.   I even enjoyed the somewhat long walk to the forward elevators as I needed the exercise while on my way to eat more food. 

Would you mind sharing the suite number you were in?

In Fwd cabins you will experience move movement and slamming in a seaway than an aft cabin.

Fwd cabins can experience noise/vibration from the anchors and thrusters while docking/undocking.

Aft Cabins - noise/vibration depends on the ship's speed and also what type of seaway. If the ship is cruising at moderate speed in reasonable seas, as noted above, probably no noticeable vibration/noise. However, if the ship is at full speed you can get prop rumble and cavitation, especially when the ship is pitching heavily. During docking, I believe the newer ships also have a stern thruster, so you can get vibration from that. In the unlikely event of having a damaged blade, you will definitely get vibration.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Floater67 said:

Can't wait to hear all about it!! and see pix!! Have fun and kindly report back😃

We stayed in 4001 for Aus/NZ. It was a tough crossing and I heard what I thought might be in the anchors clanging overnight twice. It may have been unusual. The desk slid out a foot from the wall and a cup of coffee slid off my nightstand one morning. I often wondered if they had to replace that section of carpet…

9 hours ago, Elle E Kaye said:

We stayed in 4001 for Aus/NZ. It was a tough crossing and I heard what I thought might be in the anchors clanging overnight twice. It may have been unusual. The desk slid out a foot from the wall and a cup of coffee slid off my nightstand one morning. I often wondered if they had to replace that section of carpet…

In a seaway, the anchor noise was most likely the chain rattling in the Spurling Pipe, which brings the chain from the locker up to the windlass.

Unfortunately, a common occurrence when in a seaway when fwd cabins are booked.

Edited by Heidi13

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 4:21 AM, HazelButtercup said:

We loved our cabin 4001–the views were outstanding and the room was so comfortable. Never experienced any undue noise. Here’s a quick video tour I made: 

Thanks for the tour-likely to be the only way I’ll ever get to experience 😂

Have a question-what are the thin white panels located near the floor. Appears to be one to your left as you enter the suite and another under the tv in the bedroom. Almost look like radiant heaters?

56 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Have a question-what are the thin white panels located near the floor. Appears to be one to your left as you enter the suite and another under the tv in the bedroom. Almost look like radiant heaters?

Don't recall seeing them in 4000 on Viking Sun, so possibly they added heaters to the newer ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Don't remember seeing them on Sky or Orion, KBs dad thinks they may have been there but built into a cover of some sort, he recalls heating controls that we didn't bother to adjust

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, Floater67 said:

We’re in an ES at the back of the ship in September. We’re not anticipating any issues. 

1 hour ago, Krisval said:

We’re in an ES at the back of the ship in September. We’re not anticipating any issues. 

I failed to follow up. We had a wonderful time in our ES in the rear, so much so that we are doing again Barcelona to Reykjavík in May-June. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1